2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First Snow of the year.

First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7276

Woke up to our first snow this year. Lawn mower is still out but the snow blower is ready for more.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7277

It's only an inch and will probably be gone by darktime.
Attachments:

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7279

Wow. I guess living in Maine this is normal, but I prefer good old Midwest weather. I like a little more Fall before I see some snow.

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7287

Jacquo

Yes, it is normal for where I live in Maine to Get some snow by the end of Oct. So we got it on the last day of the month. We ended up getting about 3\", but it's melting quickly.

This is one big reason why I usually get all my seeds planted around the first week of Oct. Fall seems to happen so quick around here. The ground will start freezing here in a couple of weeks.

The deer gun season opened saturday. The snow will make for good hunting.

classicfur

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7294

I don't mind snow at all, but I do hate driving in it. We normally don't get snow here until mid December, and that is a light dusting most times. More often than not, the significant stuff doesn't hit until January. I'm guessing that what Indiana considers significant, folks in Maine would laugh at.

I haven't hunted deer in years, but this is probably a profitable time for you. I need another hobby in the winter, cause digging season ends much too early.

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7300

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Brrrrr I do not like cold weather,but thats apart of it The snow is prety.

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7306

Jacquo

When you live in Snow country, you get used to driving in it, even when its deep. Especially since we have snow on the ground 5 - 5 1/2 months of the year. About 3 hrs north of us they had over 19 feet of snow last winter. And I don't know how they survive that. We usualy get about 9 feet of snow.

Billy - Just put on your \"Long Johns\" and a beanie! and have a nice woodstove fire to warm up by when you come in.

classicfur

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7314

Classicfur, last year we had the most snowfall in the last 20 years. I don't know the exact total, but I would guess we got 3-4 total feet. I like one, maybe two good snows. Just enough to take my four wheeler out and play a little. After that, I'm done. I would go nuts with nine feet of snow to deal with consistantly.

Re:First Snow of the year. 13 years 4 months ago #7322

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
classicfur wrote:

Jacquo

When you live in Snow country, you get used to driving in it, even when its deep. Especially since we have snow on the ground 5 - 5 1/2 months of the year. About 3 hrs north of us they had over 19 feet of snow last winter. And I don't know how they survive that. We usualy get about 9 feet of snow.

Billy - Just put on your \"Long Johns\" and a beanie! and have a nice woodstove fire to warm up by when you come in.

classicfur

Thats it :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and no members online

Login