* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: seeking advice on drying

seeking advice on drying 13 years 5 months ago #6139

hello fellow sangers
This is my first post and i've been ginsenging for about three years now and i've got to say i'm hooked. Haven't really made any money at it but i love to hunt them and i think they are beautiful plants. but to my question.
I've current got about 45 roots or so drying in my garage right now. I've just got them on a couple of disposible shop towels. they are drying good but it seems like some are drying faster than others. What are some of the way's you guys dry your roots and how long does it usually take to dry them?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:seeking advice on drying 13 years 5 months ago #6144

I put mine on packing paper after washing them, leave them in front of the fan with a small heater behind the fan. Mine usually take 2-4 weeks to dry,and I never touch the roots until there completely dry and ready to put in a box. The more you mess with them the more of the hair roots fall off, but I'm sure there are faster ways, this way works for me.

Re:seeking advice on drying 13 years 5 months ago #6147

thanks billygoat

Re:seeking advice on drying 13 years 5 months ago #6152

Justasanging,

We have a 8x10 walk in closet in our master bedroom which has a air vent in it from HVAC system. 9' cieling.

Right above that air vent I have a couple of window screens setup so they are resting from corner to corner on some high shelves we have built in there.

After washing mine and letting it dry for a bit on a towl (a couple hours usually) I lay it out on those window screens in a thin layer - not really touching and just leave it for 3 weeks or so, possibly more.

When I start running out of space I check and find all the ones that are good and dry and put them over in a cardboard box that sits on that shelf.

Smaller roots will be good and dry in 3 weeks, larger fat roots may take a week or two longer.

Again this is HVAC system air space and has good air circulation (no moisture issues).

I don't rush it at all, no heat, and it drys just fine with a little time.

If I needed to dry it faster for some reason (like I had to sell some early for some reason) I would do as the others have suggested, apply a moderate amount of heat and increase the air circulation with forced air/fan.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:seeking advice on drying 13 years 5 months ago #6154

thanks for the good advice

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 605 guests and no members online

Login