2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: using roundup

using roundup 15 years 6 months ago #544

Has anyone ever tried to use a roundup product to clean out unwanted invasive vines, and then planting ginseng? I know you can spray grass and as soon as it dries it's not toxic to other plants.Thanks for any information...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:using roundup 15 years 6 months ago #546

Yes, I have sprayed some areas with roundup and planted there. It works good on many things. However, one thing to keep in mind. If you are planting this fall, it is too late to kill all the plants growing there now. Most of those plants have already gone to seed and many may even be done growing this year. If you spray now, you will probably have a lot of stuff coming up there next year again. The best way to get a lot of the area freed up for sang is to keep it sprayed and clear for the whole summer. That way you get the plant as it is growing and the chemical gets to the root system killing the entire plant.

Another thing, you mentioned invasive species. Some things roundup will not kill. Usually the woody grain type plants may need something made for that type of plant and some of those things will have an effect for a time after they are sprayed. Check the labels of whatever you are using.

Re:using roundup 15 years 6 months ago #547

round up has a hard time killing poison ivy.

Re:using roundup 15 years 6 months ago #549

Poison ivy is considered a woody fibrous plant (I forget the right name for those), so it would need something stronger- 2-4-D maybe? But 2-4D is oil based and sticks around in the soil awhile.

Re:using roundup 15 years 6 months ago #570

Thanks for the info!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 299 guests and no members online

Login