Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: mosquito,s

mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4174

• Guy
  • Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
Up here in the north it's been one hell of a year so far. We can't get out for the bugs, sworms of the buggers still. Our government in their infinite wisdom have made deet illegal to use. If you have the 85% deet still available, can you sell me a bottle or two, please.
On top of that it's been 95 in the shade, humidity of over 120,so out doors are of limits now. We are living like mole creatures and on some nites venture out for food. I have not checked my sites yet the grass is dam near 15 feet high, so walkin in is the only way.

Guy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4175

Guy-- I know what ya mean they have been god-awful here in S. Indiana. I have found repellent @ Wal-mart with 98% deet its the closest to military issued I have found. The only draw back is it comes in alittle spray bottle about the size of your standard MiniMag flashlight and each bottle runs about 3-4$ (U.S.) as I assume your in Canada. Even with that high of percentage of deet I've found a few times while out scouting that if I stop to take a rest there is still a large swarm around me! These bugs kinda scare me! I'm a smoker but usually don't smoke hardly at all when in the woods but I've found myself lighting one up just because of the bugs. If your interested maybe we could work somthing out. Just let me know.

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4176

I'm also in S.Indiana and the bugs have been as bad as I've ever seen them. I went out in the woods two days ago and had sprayed my exposed areas with a insect repelent containing deet. well, that took care of exposed skin, but the mosquitos bit through my t-shirt in the back. I also had a swarm of biting flys that followed me wherever I went. They sure do make your time in the woods miserable.
Bugs or no, I still go out every couple of days, usually in the morning before it gets too hot. Bird Nerd is right about the smoking, too. I don't like to smoke in the woods either, but have been lighting up just to keep the bugs at bay.

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4178

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I h8 them stupid biteing flys grrrrrrrrrrr

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4180

Man up sissys! Bug Spray? Never heard of it.

Just kidding fellas ...

I'm trying to not itch the bites I have now, just hope I don't get chiggers again this year. So far so good, my muck boots are helping with that. I don't use spray though never works and who can afford it when your out as often as I am. I was diggin seal yesterday/last night and I was in major misery. Why did god have to create mosquitos!!?

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4183

Papa-Yes I do use bug spray with 98% deet but the squiters always seem to find any little spot where there is no repellent. And they also bite through clothing I've even been bitten through deniem! Yesterday I went to scout a new woods. My transmition went out in my car last winter so I've been biking everywhere, well when I arived at the woods I realized I forgot the spray! I went in anyway and toughed it out but man they tore me up. I've probly got 30-40 bites and still finding new ones. Not really sure the exact reasoning for the creation of mosquitos but they fit somewhere and I suppose they gotta eat to I just don't like being their \"All you can eat buffet\" Its hard to concentrate on lookin for seng when your constantly being attacked from all directions!

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4191

Bugs seem to like biting some people more than others. I'm out in the woods and they won't leave me alone. I usually get one fly that stays with me the whole time and buzzes in my ear to drive me crazy. I have a friend who doesn't seem to be bothered by them at all.
I wouldn't go into the woods without bug spray. I can forget my water bottle, forget my phone, forget my hat, one time I even forgot my shovel... but if i forget the spray I would just turn around and go home to get it.

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4209

Hate to make you all feel bad but we have 0 skeeters this year! Don't know why, but I like it. Ticks & deer flies are bad though!

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4213

jchrisfos wrote:

Bugs seem to like biting some people more than others. I'm out in the woods and they won't leave me alone. I usually get one fly that stays with me the whole time and buzzes in my ear to drive me crazy. I have a friend who doesn't seem to be bothered by them at all.

You are absolutely correct. Mosquitoes love me, but my exwife has never been bitten in her life. Guess that should have told me something LOL!

Re:mosquito,s 13 years 8 months ago #4214

• Guy
  • Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
papa
\"why did god make skiters\"? To make room for more beer.

Guy

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 675 guests and no members online

Login