2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fishing - 2019

Fishing - 2019 4 years 10 months ago #41898

PS.. its not easy to do a selfie with a smallie on each finger and your thumb... but it can be done

That sounds like a good problem to have TN, lol. Nice mess of fish there. Same here on the weather. Finally getting some much needed rain, although it's kind of spotty coming in waves of thunderstorms. Suppose to last through the weekend though. It will be good for the plants for sure.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 10 months ago #41899

nice catch...

Fishing - 2019 4 years 10 months ago #41900

I may get to go catfishing,ive had 4 and a half inches of rain this morning.and its still pouring down.river is going to raise.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 10 months ago #41901

Dang that's a lot of rain chief. I'd say that river will be high and muddy for sure. Hope you're able to score some cats out of it.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 9 months ago #41914

Ok... these are not fish.. but they are PEACHS !!!

My Early Elberta peach tree has several getting ripe now (pic below)..
I have a Reliance tree that is loaded too this year and it normally has ripe peaches first/second week of July.
So for about a month... peach heaven !

TNHunter

Attachments:

Fishing - 2019 4 years 9 months ago #41915

Great pic TN, throw some homemade ice cream in there, and you'd be pretty close to heaven indeed. Hard to beat some good peach cobbler too.

Fishing - 2019 4 years 9 months ago #41916

You got that right wild...

Unfortunately I don't eat dairy anymore with the exception of home made kefir (make it myself)... it is loaded with probiotics and I can tell a big difference in how I feel when eating that regularly than when I don't. But other than that I stay away from dairy, and grains, refined sugars and hydrogenated oils, and basically any junk or processed foods. Whole food diet, works best for me. Paleo diet is what I have been on for the past couple years and it has made a HUGE improvement in my health. Used to weigh near 200 lbs, now I weigh 162. Used to have high BP and Cholesterol... and now take no Rx because those are perfect now.

Luckily Fruit is included in my diet...

I picked 20 more peaches this morning. I just have to feel them and see which ones are getting a little soft and pick those.

I also picked near a Gal of Blackberries too... these are Ilinni variety and man they are good. Larger than wild, but have a taste just like wild.
I planted them 17 years ago, and they are still going strong.

My Daugher and her husband were here visiting us today, and we all ate some fresh peaches and berries... and I made 2 pints of peach jam (paleo jam)... and 3 pints of blackberrry jam.

Most traditional Jellies and Jams... the recipe calls for 2 cups of refined sugar, per cup of fruit. 2 cups of sugar is 32 tablespoons of sugar.

Paleo Jam has 2 cups of fruit, but only 6 tablespoons of sweetener. I use a very unrefined sugar - coconut palm sugar, and pure maple syrup to sweeten mine.

Here is the recipe if any of you all want to give it a try.

2 cups of fruit (what ever you like)... peaches, blueberries, blackberries, straw berries, grapes, pineapple (just what ever you like).

Sometime I use just 1 (like all blackberries), but i like combinations too... like a 50/50 mix of blackberries and blueberries.

Put your 2 cups of fruit in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat...
When you first start heating it, take a fruit or potato masher, and mash it up good (to the consistency that you want).
After a few minutes, it will start to simmer, turn the heat down to 2-3 (med-low) and just let it simmer, for 8 minutes, stirring it occasionally so it does not stick.

After 8 minutes take it off the heat..

Add the juice of 1/2 lemon, squeeze it good.

Add your sweetner... again I use 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar and 3 table spoons pure maple syrup.

You could use Honey, but you need to wait until the temp cools down below 90 degrees of so. If you heat honey too much, it kills off some of the good for you stuff.

Stir it up well and wait 5 minutes.

Then add 2 table spoons of chia seeds. This is what makes it get thick (like sure gel does in a normal recipe).

The chia seeds are basically tasteless, but they are good for you, and they will make it thicken up nicely.

Pore the mix into a clean pint jar and store in the fridge... it will last for 3 weeks of so, but you will eat it up before then. We always do.

Be Healthy... Be Happy !

TNHunter

Attachments:

Fishing - 2019 4 years 9 months ago #41917

good looking stuff,snowed when my peach trees were in bloom ,no peaches this year.....

Fishing - 2019 4 years 9 months ago #41918

Chief...

I hear you on frost getting your peaches.

This is the first year in 2-3 years that we have peaches. Frost gets ours a lot too.

When a man is looking at fruit trees to buy... he would do well to know and choose the ones that bloom latest in spring.

My two peach trees bloom about the same time March 10th or so... they start blooming, and it is rare that we don't have a killing frost after that. In those rare years (like this one) we get loads of peaches.

I need peach trees that bloom after April 20 or so, and if I had that (if there is such a thing)... I would get peaches about every year.

TNHunter

Fishing - 2019 4 years 9 months ago #41919

yes sir,i had a nectarine tree[cross between a apricot and plum] it was at its north part of its range,it could get to 60 degrees in the spring say three days in a row and it would bloom,,well out of ten years I had this tree,it beared fruit 4 times,i loved the fruit,it was about the size of a peach,no fuzz on the skin and blood red meat in the fruit,,,,two years ago it warmed in the mid 60s for a week in mid march,the tree was loaded with blooms,then the weather switched back to winter,temps got down in the 20's for 5 or 6 nights,snowed ,frosted ,that did it killed the tree dead as a mackerel ...I still haven't cut it down yet,the fruit was like eating a teaspoon full of sugar....

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 373 guests and no members online

Login