2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spring Peepers heard the last two days...

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40968

I always take note of the first hearing of spring peepers for the year.

Happened this week here... the last two afternoons I have heard them.

It is a welcome sound and to me means that while winter may still show off a little, it is officially on the way out and spring is coming.

Soon the grass will be greening, smallies will start hitting in the river and creek and about a month or little more I will be seeing my first early bird 3 leafers of the year. Earliest one I have ever seen was in 03/18.

I am sure some of you northerners... are still knee deep in snow and ice... but down here in the south (southern middle TN)... I can see (and hear) the change coming on.

For those who may not know what a spring peeper is... youtube vid below.

TNHunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40969

glad its warming up for you TN,its a snow rain ,ice mix here today.....

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40970

east Tn here, weather's been terrible all past week nothing but wind and rain. I was looking at forcast, and it's suppose to be in 60's and 70's here the rest of this month, and most of next month too. I guess it could always change, but doesn't look like much more if any winter weather left here in east Tn. I'm ready for some spring camping and fishing.

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40971

we are going to get warmer temps...near 70 degrees the next 3 days ..but with that comes lots of rain......4 + inches over the next 3 days...

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40972

We have been getting a lot of rain with the warmer weather too... and quite windy today, like it is blowing in something... and the next several days high chances of rain.

It is warm enough to get out there and try catching some early smallies.... but it has rained so much the river is up too much to fish :-(

Also getting the itch to start breaking the garden and getting that ready.

Sure beats all the cold long dark days of winter.

TNHunter

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40973

Warm n raining high winds high water really messing with my trapping. But enjoying the warm days. Been busy with my cows 9 of 15 have freshened lost one. Really enjoy watching the little buggers running and playing around up in the barn yard.

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40974

Ive had 4 and 3 tenths of rain since Mon.now iam at the backside of the cold front and iam getting freezing rain..a slight break today in the rain ...rain returns tomorrow through next Mon..my pond is now ice free....

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40975

iam to almost 5 1/2 inches of rain for this week .with more rain to come over the next 3 days....rain this morning..rivers and creeks are bank full..things are getting kinda soggy around here....

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40976

the rain moved out earlier than they said and iam glad..in 6 day I got 7 and 3 tenths inches of rain..iam ready for it to dry out some...river is out of its banks....

Spring Peepers heard the last two days... 6 years 1 month ago #40977

Where are you at? You better start building an ark!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 430 guests and no members online

Login