2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: It's Coming !!!

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 3 weeks ago #39717

My little plum tree is at the end of the bloom process now and has not been frost bit yet.

We did have a couple of really light frost, but it did not appear to hurt the blooms. The petals are falling off now, and I will soon be able to see if fruit sets. Looking good so far... but ole jack frost could still come out and bite.

I pruned my apple and peach trees this weekend, and by the looks of my peach tree buds they would sure like to open up soon.

Going to put a good dose of gypsum on my seed bed this evening.

Come on spring.. stay away frost.

Chief... hate you got the flu for the nice weather span... I had the day off Monday and had a fishing trip planned, but my son got sick and I had to stay home with him... I did get some work done in the garden though.

TNHunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 3 weeks ago #39718

hope your son don't have what I got...i weighed 163 pounds when I caught this crap...weighed this morning,down to 148...I got 72 degrees today

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 3 weeks ago #39724

Good day trapping today
Attachments:

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 3 weeks ago #39725

Attachments:

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 3 weeks ago #39726

Attachments:

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 3 weeks ago #39727

sure wish I could see what you caught Hob.been a trapper and a coonhunter with hounds for 50 plus years...

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 2 weeks ago #39728

I've been having trouble with this site alot lately. My pics r the right size but still won't let me post them. I'll try later

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 2 weeks ago #39729

....heres a pic from back in the day..lower left is my dad with a dozen mink we caught in one night.....

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 2 weeks ago #39730

Dang Chief,
That's some serious trapping!! I don't think our mink are that long around these parts. Are those unusually large???
Latt

Re:It's Coming !!! 7 years 2 weeks ago #39732

I started trapping and ginseng hunting when I was in high school (late 70's).

The early 80's thru until around 1988 Trapping was very profitable...

110.00 for a nice male bob cat, got as high as 24.00 for a nice silver side bore coon, 5-6 dollars for muskrat, 40.00 for a male mink. We even got 4.00 for a possum, and 1.50 for a house cat hide (think they made glove liners out of them).

Most of the guns I have now were bought with fur and seng money.

Here are a few pics from 1987. We caught 101 coons and 67 muskrats (and lots of other critters) in 3 weekends on the Duck River. Back then you could only trap coon in Tennessee in the month of December. One of our weekends that year the river was up and falling fast... so we could not trap that weekend.

When I think about the good old days.. that is where I go.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online

We have 455 guests and no members online

Login