2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2016 Hunting Season

2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39491

I had to get this topic started. I went out with my step daughter this morning and at 7:05 am she got her first deer. A 140 lb doe 1 shot at 150 yds. I haven't been more happier. please post all your hunting adventures here. Happy hunting
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39511

Hobbler...

Looks like she has a good start to the deer season. That Doe is a whopper. Lots of meat on that one.

Last year my son killed a young buck, a nubbie... probably 70 lbs. Man the back straps and those inside tenderloins on that thing were SOOOO tender...

I sprinkled them with a little salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, then smothered in A1, and wrapped in bacon, and grilled them up.

Our Young Sportsmans season opens Oct 29-30 this year. So that will be our first chance to get one. Can't wait.

TNHunter

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39512

This doe has been on the hit list for 3 yrs now. We call her lumpy due to a sist on her neck. She has had it for the 6 yrs I've gotten photos of her. 3 yrs now she hasn't had fawns n now I know it's due to a injury by the looks she had a bad run in with some barb wire n mess up her tits and was no longer producing milk. I figured her to b 8 ta 9 yrs old. Thxs

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39514

Congratulations to your daughter hobler, nice!

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39515

nice

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39550

2 nd day of muzzleloader season 155 lb 5pt 150 yds shot
Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 5 months ago #39551

Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 4 months ago #39620

Nice Buck there Hobbler...

My boy and I went deer hunting during our short youth season, but saw no deer (too dang hot, 85 degrees) that weekend.
Plenty of squirrels but no deer.

We will have to hunt them some more when regular season opens up.

I did get out and float a nice stretch of a local small river this weekend in my kayak... and caught some nice bass.

2 largemouth, 2 smallies and 1 big old blackperch (not pictured below).

That big old bass on the right is the best one I have ever caught out of this small river... 4 pounds 6 oz.

That is a hog for that location.

On a ultra light rod and spinning real.. he was a real fight too. Although the largemouth do not fight near as hard as the smallies do, they are still a lot of fun to catch.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 4 months ago #39622

nice buck ,nice mess of fish..i got out yesterday and caught 37 crappie and one hell of a head cold

Re:2016 Hunting Season 7 years 4 months ago #39623

Thxs guys nice fish tn here's the one I'm after call him big 8 he's very heavy hunted him last yr now it's on again
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 688 guests and no members online

Login