2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: drought

drought 7 years 8 months ago #38731

Checked a couple of my small patches today and they didn't look to good. No seeds and some plants dropped there leaves already. Is anyone else concerned with the lack of rain that we've had so far this summer? I know that in passed seasons drought has driven the price up but I'm wondering what the sang is going to be like come September.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:drought 7 years 8 months ago #38732

It's not good here. No rain in a month none in two weeks forecast. Plants r all wilting n dying. The heat isn't helping either. Hope my well holds up watering 40 head of beef cattle might even half to Sell some if grass don't grow don't have enough hay to feed them through the winter. Worst drought ever

Re:drought 7 years 8 months ago #38733

I went through this in 2012 and it aint good, then, by mid july that year all the plants were dead,,hope you get rain..

Re:drought 7 years 8 months ago #38734

Thanks guys... Sorry you guys are feeling the effects of it as well ecspecially with your cattle... I guess the only good thing that could possibly come from this is that maybe the dig will be down and it could maybe push the price up a little bit but from what I'm hearing this heat is going to be with us all the way through September.

Re:drought 7 years 8 months ago #38744

Wow. Drought sucks. I live up North. We have had a few thunderstorms up here. Just enough to save the ginseng plants. Three days ago I found a giant ginseng plant with 30 green berries on it. True, some plants in marginal habitat have been stunted and will not recover. But that is only 15% of wild plants.

I expect to plant thousands of seeds this Fall. Good luck to everyone. Get those berries before the mice do !

Re:drought 7 years 7 months ago #38755

Do the plants that drop this year come back next year?

Re:drought 7 years 7 months ago #38756

mine did after the 2012 drought.

Re:drought 7 years 7 months ago #38757

Hobler666shang wrote:

It's not good here. No rain in a month none in two weeks forecast. Plants r all wilting n dying. The heat isn't helping either. Hope my well holds up watering 40 head of beef cattle might even half to Sell some if grass don't grow don't have enough hay to feed them through the winter. Worst drought ever

You're the last person I expected to post that Hobbler! We've had a perfect summer here. Not to hot, not to cold. No wicked storms and no drought. We can't be any more than a 3 hour drive apart. I got 3/10s \" last night. More rain expected this weekend.

Re:drought 7 years 7 months ago #38758

I know the rain just goes around us. Just yesterday the 29 th dark thunder clouds were coming I could hear the thunder actually got excited but it went right over my place without even giving a single drop.:( Some areas 10 miles are doing a little better but still so dry.Rivers ponds n creeks are so low. All my little Shang 1 n 2 yr olds are gone.

Re:drought 7 years 7 months ago #38759

here's a pic of my lawn n one of my meadows it's terrible I've mowed my lawn 3 times since June. The only green spot in my lawn is where my leach field is.It grows great there lol
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 483 guests and no members online

Login