* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Illegal to grow ginseng in Ontario Canada

Re:Illegal to grow ginseng in Ontario Canada 8 years 6 months ago #37210

Latt wrote:

Guy,
Are you at least allowed to sell seed from all of those plants you have been ordered to leave in the ground even tho you planted them?
Man I have to say I have always been a law abiding citizen. But if I planted seed and had thousands of dollars of my ginseng growing in the ground, I would most likely become a poacher for digging my own ginseng.
Latt

Agreed!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illegal to grow ginseng in Ontario Canada 8 years 6 months ago #37263

• Guy
  • Guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
That is who got us into it, our provincial government. The ministry of natural resources gave lectures at the Ontario woodlot owners association teaching us how to grow wild simulated or woods grown. We have a filing cabinet full of information given out by the same people that are now saying its illegal. This is exactly the same thing they did here, a mirror image!

We had meetings with our provincial agricultural department to learn more about tax benefits an such.They sent me to get my pesticide licence.

I can sell seeds but if anyone plants them and sells the roots they will come back to me again.
I bet that selling seed will be controlled by the Ginseng Growers Association and seed will be sold to members only. Anyone else will be in violation. Garanted!

I looked at some of my old roots the other day, they are beautiful,top quality.

Re:Illegal to grow ginseng in Ontario Canada 8 years 6 months ago #37265

• Guy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
Thanks

Re:Illegal to grow ginseng in Ontario Canada 8 years 6 months ago #37266

• Guy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • BSMGinseng.com
John B wrote:

Just like when they increase the keeper size for fish in a lake, everyone complains for a few years....till they start catching more and larger fish.[/quote]

JB: funny here in Canada it is the opposite, we can only keep smaller fish that fit in a certain size they call a \"slot\".This concerns to certain species only. Walleye is one, I prefer the name pickerel, a Canadian thing I guess.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 410 guests and no members online

Login