2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replanting roots

Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36855

If I understand correctly,if one isn't satisfied with this years prices then they can replant their dug roots and they will grow. Can anyone please answer this question. I am new to gensing, but I have read and learned all I can over the last two years,planted all berries I find and am presently working on my crop of wild simulated. I just did not realize that dug roots can be replanted.:S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36858

Two bear
I replant about 100 ta 200 roots a yr. Most come up the next yr.

Re:Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36859

My experience with roots I dug up and brought home and transplanted is I got to harvest maybe 1 in 4, a few years down the road. Many just don't come back up and many of the ones that do, die in the first couple years after being transplanted. Better to leave them where they are to grow if possible.

Re:Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36872

How long will they be ok after digging before I transplant them?

Re:Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36874

two bear,

You need to actually place slightly moist dirt around the roots while your carrying them in the woods. If you just carry them in a bag and wait until the next day or two to plant them, the chances of survival go down. Sometimes they will make it, but to get good survival rates you need to keep them slightly moist and plant them as soon as you get home with them. Good luck with replanting them.

Hugh

Re:Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36890

Ive had pretty good luck replanting by keeping them in a little moist soil from digging them.
when I get home I put them in a box with mulch until I get time to put them back in the ground at their new home. Just make sure to not wait too long and plant them with a good clump of their native soil still on the root if you can. When you plant them back, dampen the root with a little willow water to help keep the root from transplant shock.

Good Luck

Re:Replanting roots 8 years 7 months ago #36930

TnTrader wrote:

Ive had pretty good luck replanting by keeping them in a little moist soil from digging them.
when I get home I put them in a box with mulch until I get time to put them back in the ground at their new home. Just make sure to not wait too long and plant them with a good clump of their native soil still on the root if you can. When you plant them back, dampen the root with a little willow water to help keep the root from transplant shock.

Good Luck

I second the willow water. Best root hormone out there! Just scrape some bark off of a branch and let it soak in some water overnight and happy, happy, happy roots. TNtrader, I didn't know that it was common knowledge out there. When I tell folks about it they usually tilt there head at me like a confused puppy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 147 guests and no members online

Login