2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches

Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36413

This variety called Carolina Gold has made a beautiful peach and it will be gone in a few days.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36414

I had to get Carolyn out and make a few pictures for our Grand children since these will be our last ones.
Attachments:

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36415

Carolyn was having a fit because the humidity had frizzed her hair to the moon.
Attachments:

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36416

All that I could see was peaches, peaches, peaches.
Attachments:

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36417

I should finish with these about the time ginseng digging season begins.
Attachments:

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36418

Two more varieties after this one will finish up just right.
Attachments:

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36419

very nice peaches Hugh,wish mine had done that well,but with the enormous amount of rain this year mine developed brown rot...I will be treating mine with Captan to cure the brown rot problem...

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36422

Very nice Hugh. I should be picking Pristine next week!

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36423

Hugh...

My orchard is done for the year and has been for several weeks now.

About all I have left in the garden is some tomatoes (but they have slowed down a lot now), a few yellow squash (from a late planting I did on those) and my concord seedless grapes are turning ripe now. I have just a few turnip greens in a small patch, but they are past time and really just need to be turned under or pulled and put in the compost pile.

Got to get out there and pull up some spent corn stalks and perp me a fall greens spot. Waiting for a cooler day to do that.

As all this garden stuff starts playing out.. sure makes my mind start thinking more about seng hunting.

It won't be long now... Sept 1 will be here before you know it.

PS.. Bueatiful peaches. I have 1 early peach tree (early elberta) and another (reliance) that starts producing about the time the elberta plays out. I need to get me a late season peach tree... so I could have some late fruit like you have there.

I guess if we had ripe peaches all the time we would EVENTUALLY ?? get tired of them :-)

TNhunter

Re:Running out of ginseng berries so it's more peaches 8 years 7 months ago #36425

Guys,
Thanks to all of you for taking a look and your comments. It just seems like this summer has flown by and ginseng digging season will be here in no time. For me, the growing of fruits and vegetables has about come to an end. It has been a joy to my life for 45 years. This one has been especially good because of all the beautiful fruit that the orchard has produced. I hope that I can continue to grow ginseng for as long as I live, and maybe there will be a patch in heaven. I look forward to seeing everyone's gardens, orchards, and ginseng patches as time moves along. You all have been a great group of folks to share with and learn from.

Hugh

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and no members online

Login