* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A few ginseng pics from this morning

A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36228

Snapped a few pics this morning...
A couple of these are from some wild sim that I have planted, but the majority of them are from an area where I harvested about a half pound of \"wild\" or at least naturally occurring ginseng last fall... hope y'all enjoy these :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36229

Some monstrous tops... well very large for their age... :)
These are either 6 or 7 year old plants... Thanks Latt for those rootlets I got from you a few years back... The survival rate was VERY good and quite frankly the only good experience I have had with planting rootlets... Most of the others appear healthy too, but these 4 plants apparently love their environment and are by far the biggest tops... and the pic really doesn't do them justice
Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36230

Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36231

Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36232

Color variation in side by side naturally occurring plants...
Hmmmmm?
Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36233

Deer DO like ginseng!!!
Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36234

Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36235

5prong,
So glad to see these roots doing well on your property. Man those roots were small that I sent to you a few years ago. Thanks for the nice comments on them doing well. I still have a bunch of them growing and they are very healthy. However, they are still small. So they like your soil much better.
My gal and I went to the property today and checked on a 5 year old plant we transplanted from the \"Magic Spot\" to it new home. It really like it's new home.
However it was munched on by a deer. Just one 3 prong on 13 acres and the deer found it! So Ironic that you posted the pics of your deer ravaged plants. Anyway here is a pic. So yes everyone like 5prong said. \"Deer love to eat ginseng tops\".
Latt

Attachments:

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36237

looking good 5

Re:A few ginseng pics from this morning 8 years 8 months ago #36238

Fellows,
Nice looking plants. I hope that I'm not getting too far away from the topic, but I saw a video on Facebook by a member who practices breaking the leaves off at a certain time and leaving the berry pod to mature. He says it has upped his berry production considerably to do this. I'm sure that deer won't normally be so accommodating to leave the seed pod when they are browsing, but since you have a few, would you keep an eye on them to see how they do with the berries this year. I have taken the leaves off of a couple myself and I'll see how they turn out as well. He seems to do this with his whole patch if they are bearing and says it has worked well.

Hugh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 91 guests and no members online

Login