2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee

Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35849

Carolyn and I got out today after working in the peaches. It is so hot now you can't stand to work very much in the middle of the afternoon. We took off to the mountains to look at ginseng. This first picture is of my friend on the Holston River. He's hooked into a nice one.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35850

We drove up to the top of the mountain and got out for awhile to look at ginseng. I ran across this mushroom and I asked Carolyn to take a picture of it. Does anyone recognize it? It's a whopper!
Attachments:

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35851

After we got back home I walked to the other end of the orchard to look at the next variety that is getting ripe. Here are a few pictures.
Attachments:

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35852

I believe this one is a large white fleshed peach. It looks like it will be a beauty.
Attachments:

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35853

This is more like I've been used to working with all through the years. I can get to these with a short step ladder.
Attachments:

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35854

I picked up my signs today and they will go out on the roads tomorrow. Yippee!
Peaches for sale.
Attachments:

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35858

Looking good Hugh. I'd be sick on milk and fried pies if all those were mine

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35859

Hill,
I hear you on the fried pies. One of my favorites. Yum, Yum! My wife told me today that she is going to fix Peach Dumplings and have Vanilla Ice Cream with it tomorrow. I fixed a Peach Milk Shake after we got home this evening. After reading that health benefits page that Latt posted, it makes me want to eat everything with peaches.

Hugh

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35862

Hugh,
You tell Carolyn if I wasn't so busy I would head east for those dumplings!

Re:Maya, for your viewing pleasure. Some things you will see in Tennessee 8 years 9 months ago #35863

What kind of mushroom is that? It's huge! I know what you mean on the heat. It's very hot in most of the south right now. I seen where its in the low 90's in Tenn and North Carolina. Find any seng Mr. Hugh?

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 353 guests and no members online

Login