2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kill the time with an Identification Challenge

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 1 week ago #34818

We've got triple layer polypropylene hard panels. The fish are goons be inside a large plastic stock tank for the aquaponics setup. It's a hydroponic setup with fish in the water and the fish poop feeds the plants. Pretty cool setup.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 1 week ago #34819

Anyone recognize anything else growing with my Ramps?

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 5 days ago #34831

Awesome. Do you have any kind of heater in the greenhouse? My wife and I have a 24 by 60 on our farm. We are in Florida, so that's why I was asking what kind. We are looking to relocate in the near future. Trying to get some ideas on what a different kind would cost. Aquaponics is a great idea. There is a lady and her husband down the road that have a similar setup. I think they have bass, catfish and bream in there's. Fish emulsion is the best for Vegatative growth.

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 5 days ago #34832

I'll take another swag at it..

its hard for me to see.. but I think there is a three leave ginseng there.
blood root and maybe goldenseal?

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 5 days ago #34833

I do see ramps and in the lower right area looks like some 3 leafers.

PS... on the gardening.. I love that too. Got some kale, chard and spinach up now and my patch of turnip greens from last fall is growing crazy. I have been eating greens for a few weeks now.

Below is a youtube channel you should check out. This guy is good - I subscribed to his channel. He is a gardening nut, a country boy and sort of funny. He grows a large garden outside, and has a greenhouse where he grows stuff including hydroponics. I found him doing a search on big beef tomatoes... he grows those and rutgers and several others and lots of other stuff. He gives good details on how he does all his growing - you can learn a lot by watching his vids.

www.youtube.com/user/mhpgardener

That will get you to his youtube channel... see the link below to view one he did on greenehouse hydroponic tomatoes.
You can see the success in that video and the details he gives.

TNhunter

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 5 days ago #34835

I haven't met Bobby personally, we've chatted many times. We are members in a gardening forum. He puts out a lot of great information on greenhouses and hydroponics. He is a grounds up, hands on guy..

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 3 days ago #34848

You guys are making me jealous talking about gardens already. We still have snow on the ground, and most around here won't put in a garden until mid May or sometimes late May, the late frost always kills everything.

Re:Kill the time with an Identification Challenge 9 years 3 days ago #34849

Its coming Mortis. Right now its mostly cold hardy things in my garden.
potatoes, onions and some mustard greens.. The corn was a gamble, I kind of figure on it taking a good while to break ground.

I've worked on this old tractor most of the winter and when it fired off.. well I had to do something.. You know just to see if it was going to have any problems..

I get on here and read all about the plantings and herb talk, the next thing I know I'm out walking about the woods looking to see if anything is up yet.. but I really know its to early yet.. all I'm seeing is honey suckles starting to green up..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 766 guests and no members online

Login