2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Security concerns

Security concerns 14 years 5 months ago #2846

You can take advice from a computer programmer (that obviously doesn't do this and has never been in the military), or you can do your own research based on your own specific needs. The reason I found it difficult to find answers to the same question (I posted a few weeks ago) is that because it varies very much on a case by case basis.
I'm about to share with you what I've discovered since then, don't take my word for it, but be realistic and use your own judgement. Honestly is a sophisticated electronic recording device gonna run without any problems continuously for weeks at a time? Unless you're going to be there monitoring and servicing a set up like that every week, it's a waste of time. They don't work like you're probably picturing in your head. It's the reason we still have sentries and watch standers, the same reason the multi-million dollar \"cutting-edge, high-tech\" electriconic fence along our southern border was a total SNAFU and waste of resources.
Pressure plates? Be serious man. There's more effective, easier set-ups out there.

Some things to keep in mind that did make some sense: pyrotechnics, homemade or otherwise, concept I was shown is based off those little gag-champagne bottles sold around the holidays, they're full of confetti and produce a loud report when the \"trip-wire\" is tugged free of it's housing. Simple, effective, safe.
String a few fake trip wires if you'd like.

Someone on this site recommended a more visually stunning deterrent, a noosed effigy of a sang ripper with a sign on it. What I did was I towed one of the old vehicles from off a neighbors property, to mine, right near my patch, where I proceeded to send roughly 300 shells down range at it out of my AK-47. The peppered paint job leaves a lasting impression.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds

Who's Online

We have 342 guests and no members online

Login