2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts?

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 3 months ago #27137

[/img[size=3][/size][size=2][/size]][img size=150]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 3 months ago #27138

Strong Prong wrote:

[/img[size=3][/size][size=2][/size]][img size=150]

If you can provide a link to what you want to post on Wildgrown, then maybe I can find it and post it for you.

Frank

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 3 months ago #27139

No to be honest. .I wasn't aware that there was a problem here until I received a email asking me to for my opinion on what was going on he re. And I just tried to upload the screen shot and it said it was too large. I'll type it out again at a later date.. wasn't much other than telling all viewers to practice conservation to ensure generations to come can enjoy this past time and that no laws were broken while filming. I also suggested that they should consider purchasing stratified seeds from commercial ginseng growers to start their own patches .And always obey all state and federal laws concerning the harvesting of this plant.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 3 months ago #27140

Strong Prong wrote:

No to be honest. .I wasn't aware that there was a problem here until I received a email asking me to for my opinion on what was going on he re. And I just tried to upload the screen shot and it said it was too large. I'll type it out again at a later date.. wasn't much other than telling all viewers to practice conservation to ensure generations to come can enjoy this past time and that no laws were broken while filming. I also suggested that they should consider purchasing stratified seeds from commercial ginseng growers to start their own patches .And always obey all state and federal laws concerning the harvesting of this plant.

I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 2 months ago #27148

Welcome to the forum, TennesseeThomas.

Like the others on the forum have posted, I want to thank Strong Prong for interacting on our forum. Your points are well-made, and helpful for us here.

That screenshot you are attempting to post, I'm thinking that it's the opening screenshot of the 2nd show... I read that one, and it was nice to read what was on it. I can't quote it word-for-word, however the was something there that stated that hunting 'sang would not get you rich quickly. I think there was also something there about practicing good farming techniques, or perhaps it was something about respecting the plant. Anyway, I thought that this was good to read on the show.

I still am attempting to keep an open mind about things...
And don't care much for the inaccuracies/illegalities portrayed.

Unlike some others that have posted... I think that if there was a show about the history-growing-endangered-Americancana of our favorite herb, then it would be a huge success. It would make my day if American Outlaws would metamorphisize into such a show, however then they'd need to rename it, shift the story line in a big way, and find a whole new cast Of characters.

While there is a real cast of characters here on this forum, I'm not too sure how many of us would like to be TV actors. (Laughing)

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 2 months ago #27162

Are you meaning Appalachian Outlaws? If so we love it!

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 2 months ago #27163

Thank you for watching and glad you enjoy it .

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 2 months ago #27213

There is a slight chance I could be mistaken but..... I'm pretty sure there were a couple shots showing GREEN berries on plants that were being dug on the show. Also how has this show along with the ridiculous prices that are/were being portrayed effected the seng market as a whole? Before the show aired as well. I know my buyer has expressed to me ,this season as well as last, his concern bout what the prices have been doing (in the real world). He cant seem to come up with a solid explanation but has kept his prices at competitive numbers but has done so very nervously!

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 2 months ago #27235

I finally got around to watching this show last night...

I was really hoping to see some nice seng woods and lots of ginseng plants...

I turned it off after 15-20 minutes... it just did not appeal to me at all.

It seems to be mostly about a bunch of red necks that have it in for each other, back stabbing, fussing and fighting, threatning others... and the language (lots of bleeps).

Not for me.

PS... I will be glad when this cold is over (winter seems to be running on and on) and I would rather be small mouth fishing and planting my garden :-)

TNhunter

Re:Watched American Outlaw? Your thoughts? 10 years 2 months ago #27240

TNHunter- I was just wondering where you've been.. hadn't heard from you for a while.

I missed the show last night. Sleep was more appealing to me...

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1108 guests and no members online

Login