2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deer Hunting '13

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26620

Congrats Hobler! I agree that it is a big bodied Buck! Have you fried up any (Back-Straps) Tenderloins yet? :woohoo:

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26623

The inner loins r the 1St to come out I think there the best while still warm.lol thxs guys

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26630

Nice buck Hobler!
Latt

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26670

Guys- had pretty good luck yesterday and today! Got a nice doe yesterday evening, and a 3 year old buck today! All muzzleloader shots.

Now that I've got my needed 3 animals (gives me enough meet to last a year) I can concentrate on getting some bonus meat. This is a big diff from last year, when I only got one big buck.

I's be happy!!!

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26672

Whitjr wrote:

Guys- had pretty good luck yesterday and today! Got a nice doe yesterday evening, and a 3 year old buck today! All muzzleloader shots.

Now that I've got my needed 3 animals (gives me enough meet to last a year) I can concentrate on getting some bonus meat. This is a big diff from last year, when I only got one big buck.

I's be happy!!!

Whitjr... Congrats on the doe and buck! Good luck on getting some bonus meat!

I knocked a Spike down Monday and thought he was down for good, so I did not reload my' muzzleloader. I waited over 10 minutes and started to get down out of the tree and to my surprise, the Spike gets up and walks down hill in a low spot and out of sight before I can get reloaded. When I finally got down and hiked up the ridge to the low spot, the buck was gone and there was no blood anywhere. I found his tracks and tracked him for about a hundred yards but the tracks soon disappeared. I searched the hollows and ridges where he could have went, looked behind every log and tree and through the briar patches but no buck. The only thing I can think of as to what happened, is that I either hit him high or the bullet just grazed him and knocked him down. What makes it even worse, is that there was a big 8 or 10 pointer with him but the big boy circled back and went out of sight, then the Spike came in and eventually got close enough for a shot!

Oh well, rifle season starts Saturday and hopefully I will get a buck sometime before the season closes!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26674

Frank - don't you hate it when those pesky deer don't have the decency to lay down and die after you shoot them? Good luck during rifle season.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26686

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
Hey guys Bern busy , nice kills all. Got me nice buck ,rifle season. Here he is
Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26687

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Almost forgot. Watch my team roll up in super bowl. Long time coming.
Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26688

bellco ky wrote:

Hey guys Bern busy , nice kills all. Got me nice buck ,rifle season. Here he is

Nice Buck bellco! It seems that he is still a little swollen in the neck from the Rut.

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 4 months ago #26689

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Yeah ! Rut just kicking in real good here . How bout in Tenn. Going help my cousin Wednesday to move is stand. And he is seeing a lot swelled neck younger bucks , all out bow range,so we going move him closer to the big deer,we hope anyways
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 512 guests and no members online

Login