• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
Picture of it after the kill.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26216

it was twenty two inches inside spread. it didnt come from catoosa but real close within five miles. they is some good ones in catoosa too but they too many rules for me in there. dont know if you ever ben on a hunt in there but its like a dang nascar race going to your stand in the morning. people walk over you all the time messin up your hunt.but thanks i just got lucky probably will never happen again.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26220

bellco ky wrote:

;) well it was not. ,the one I been scouting. But it walked within 35 yds of my stand .this morning my step grand son was tickled to get his pic made with it. Not bad for a bow kill! But I waiting on gun season. I got some trail pics of to nice hoss's .but couldn't pass up this bow kill.

Congrats on a nice little Buck with a bow! I always say, if it is a healthy Deer, \"never let the first one pass as you may not get another chance at anything but tree stumps\". Keep at it and maybe one of the Big Boys will decide to walk by your' stand. Good luck!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26222

tennesseethomas wrote:

it was twenty two inches inside spread. it didnt come from catoosa but real close within five miles. they is some good ones in catoosa too but they too many rules for me in there. dont know if you ever ben on a hunt in there but its like a dang nascar race going to your stand in the morning. people walk over you all the time messin up your hunt.but thanks i just got lucky probably will never happen again.

I used to hunt Catoosa but the regular hunts (non-Quota hunts) kept getting fewer and fewer over the years, so I kind of gave up. I haven't hunted there in probably 8 to 10 years (sorry but my memory is not what it used to be and I always have so much going on that it is hard to keep track of things). Been thinking about going back this year or next to where I saw a monster Buck years ago. I know that he is long gone but I am sure that he spread a lot of his' genes around in that area or nearby.

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26223

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
Thanks frank . I thought when I heard it coming it was , one of the two I have seen . Nice big racks. Nothing like. Tenn.Thomas rack . But still nice bucks. Started to let him pass. But thought might not get another chance .with my bow. I was proud of him for a bow kill.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26225

bellco ky wrote:

Thanks frank . I thought when I heard it coming it was , one of the two I have seen . Nice big racks. Nothing like. Tenn.Thomas rack . But still nice bucks. Started to let him pass. But thought might not get another chance .with my bow. I was proud of him for a bow kill.

bellco ky... Any bow kill is a good kill and one that anyone should be proud of! I don't buy into those fancy pants professionals that you see on video wearing $1,000 to $2,000 camoflauge clothing and boots and carrying $1,500 to $2,000 bows (including accessories). If I had their money or backing by Realtree, Mathews', etc, etc, I could probably take big Bucks like them with a lot less expensive equipment. I hunted with an old Oneida Eagle H-500 Bow from 1986 to 1999 that I purchased at an Auction for $130 and it still shot as good the day I sold it as it did when I purchased it and all of the years in between. I could Robin Hood an arrow with every shot from 15 yards to 35 yards and could come within an inch or two from the \"X\" in the bullseye at 75 yards everytime. I was an Oneida Eagle Bow Repair Techician from 1987 until they went bankrupt and C.P. Pollington (The Whitetail Wizard) bought the company. I am still on C.P. Oneida Eagle Bow's files as a Repair Technician.

I am glad that you can still bow hunt with a traditional compound bow or recurve! I had to go to a Cross Bow due to arthritis and pinched nerves in my' neck and carpal tunnel syndrome in both arms and hands. However, I do keep an Oneida Eagle Screaming Eagle 600 (SE600) Bow on hand just in case I decide that the fun of shooting it outweighs the pain it will cause me!

Frank

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26264

Those are sure nioe looking bucks!

I was out last sat am in my patch one. Really warm that am... 21degrees....NOT! I was glad that I was dressed for it, and even so, got a bit cold.

Saw some buck behaviour I hadn't seen before.... Refreshing the licking branches near a trail. This guy had too many points to count for the time I saw him. However , he was over 60 yards a way, not a good bow shot at least for me anyway. I guess that TNHunter would have done OK, however that's just too far for me to place a kill shot. He was entertaining to watch, tho.

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26485

Well, I got a big doe yesterday. 'Course there's no head for the wall, however there is now less freezer space!

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26596

My buddy sent me this pic of some fella here in Ohio with a picture of a deer this fella took recently here in Ohio. I have never seen a deer this big in my life and I have seen thousands. This is truly a once in a life time deer IMHO.
Latt

Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting '13 10 years 5 months ago #26599

Holy Crap, Latt!

Is that supposed to be a Whitetail? That thing looks like it will weigh 300 lbs. or more:woohoo: That's a lot of deer for a bow kill. Congrats to whoever the fellow is that got him.
Hugh

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 475 guests and no members online

Login