2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vermont

Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21421

Hi...first time digging and after reading and reading some more I'd like to meet a seasoned ginsenger for a hands on Q&A before I sell. I'm in Newbury. I would be glad to buy you a cup of coffee and learn some more about Ginseng. Thanks Fill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21432

Welcome to the forum. Not too sure about your meet-up about the guys from your state... however this place here is a great place to discuss things, direct your own research, and get tips and how-tos.

I think this forum is the most public way that most of us very private growers get together.

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21433

Hello Fill,

I sent an email and would love to meet up and talk about ginseng.
How much do you have to sell?

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21434

I'm going to go weigh it at the neighbors in a little bit. I'd guess just over a lb.,but i've got about 2 lbs. of questions. Don't like to type and don't like to try and describe what I'm trying to get answered and then try to understand the answer based on did I use the right terminology in the first place. I'd meet you in Woodstock,that's about halfway to Dorset. I included some pics. How do you determine how dry it is? Most of it has been hung up by the ceiling next to my pellet stove.
Attachments:

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21437

Attachments:

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21439

what kind of root is that.dosent look like seng to me.or the way mine looks anyway..

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21440

That's definately not ginseng. Do a little google homework, or stumble around the forum here and you'll get the gist of it. When you do choose to start harvesting wild ginseng, MAKE SURE you get your collector's permit first and go over the state rules before picking ANYTHING. The permit is super easy to get, you just fill out a form with your name and address and they send you one for free (at least in VT thats what they do). Lets pass on meeting up this time, I think a quick google hour would be the most beneficial for you. Heck, right here at the forum will have just about everything you need to know. Google will be good for more history and botinical info.

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21441

That's one of my questions.It had a 3 pronger on it, but the root didn't look like the others.

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21442

That's one of my questions.It had a 3 pronger on it, but the root didn't look like the others.

Re:Vermont 11 years 4 months ago #21443

Westwood,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure what kind of roots those are but sorry to say - I agree with others - they are not ginseng.

Below is a picture of some ginseng roots.

You might check out my youtube channel for more pictures and video's of ginseng (see link below).

www.youtube.com/yttnhunter

I have some video's there of ginseng being found in live hunts in the seng woods. You can see the tops clearly and I show lots of roots too.

Might help you out some to study those some and give it another try next year.

Good Luck

TNhunter
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 378 guests and no members online

Login