2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Have You Ever???

Re:Have You Ever??? 11 years 6 months ago #20227

I was on the other side of a small ridge one day. Had the wife with me and here she come without a shirt book'in around the mountain. They eat her up. On another trip here she came without her pants! That year I told her there were not many bees in the ground and when I got her hoe out of the nest I thought she was going to beat me to death...:woohoo: Polecats stink but I'm sure glad hey like YJ's

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Have You Ever??? 11 years 6 months ago #20231

Being very allergic to bee stings, I am very watchful and careful of where I step. Also, although I am allergic, I do not show fear when I step into or near a yellow jacket or other bees nest and have never been stung while in the big woods or even doing yard work. I think that the scent a person gives off when they panic or have fear of being stung, is what gets most folks stung! I always seem to get stung when I get too close to a nest somewhere on houses or sheds. Some bees just don't like you getting too close and will attack on a hair trigger. I carry an EpiPen whenever I am in the woods or doing yard work in the Spring, Summer or Fall.

Remember to not panic or show fear when you walk into them and slowly back out and hopefully you will not get stung.

Take care and be safe!

Frank

Re:Have You Ever??? 11 years 5 months ago #20495

Those little buggers are pissy this year! I worked as a surveyor's helper this summer and was hacking away over a creek and got nailed several times before I knew what was going on. Dug some good seng out there through:) I got into another one just walking on a deer trail. this time I only got away with one pop. Avoided several nests successfully, but it seems like they are super aggressive this year for sure.

Re:Have You Ever??? 11 years 5 months ago #20525

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Most of the time I get stung at least once in a year,last year i did not get stung for the 1st time that i can remember in years,but then this year i have been stung 1nce again so it didnt last long for me :(

Re:Have You Ever??? 11 years 5 months ago #20528

I haven't got stung for couple of years now, but my daughter got nailed the other day when she got into a nest right in the middle of a patch of yellowroot. Amazingly she only got stung once, but she sure had them stirred up:ohmy:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 307 guests and no members online

Login