2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: hey i'm new to hunting genseng

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1712

if you know how the plant grows, all that you have to do is get into the woods were it does grow, as far as my areas. i like to go deep for the big ones, as for the nebees, hunt east to north east hills only,.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1715

and if you really get in to it, depending on the spot, ginseng will grow on an outer perimiter of sun, but near shade canopee.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1716

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I very much believe that exsperance is a great guide for finding seng and I have saw places that I thought would be loaded and find nearly nothing and I have saw places I thought wouldnt be much and find sevrall ounces it is not something we learn overnite it takes time to become and acomplished hunter,but its worth it,if you love doing it,I work sometimes all week and cant get a day off,till weekend,and then im gone on sat,ill spend the whole day,and might go on sunday if the wife wouldnt mind but thats a no no LoL

Billy.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1718

I have found the most sang on north facing hills, you are right. to be honest with you I always thought, until a few years ago, that north facing, east facing, west facing, ect.. was a bunch of crap, but when I started paying attention to it... it's true.
but, it's not always true. I have found ginseng where it shouldn't have been.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1719

• jeff cochran
  • jeff cochran's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thanks for all the help and i,ve only been 2 times and i,ve not seen any thing that looks like it but i am not given up becouse i know it is around here but i have been looking in the wrong place's for it thats what i blive

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1721

The simple fact is this, ginseng will grow on every slope that it can, from my hunting experience east- northeast hills is prime, aside from this you are really taking big a big risk with ginseng growing, planting,etc.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1732

i agree with paul and billy seng will grow anywhere. Some of the biggest patches i found where in oak groves. But its not one of the best places to look. If i am going i will look for east through north facing slopes with a lot of poplar groves. I like to look in places where the poplars start into the oaks and it starts to get rough. Also one hint is to look for places that no one else would go and usually they will be some big seng. One more hint my papaw gave me find the nastiest roughest place and go through it. He must have known something because he fount some monsters in his life.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1737

• jeff cochran
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thanks i will try and as soon as i find something i will take pic and see if i have fond any.and iam all ready hooked ant seen any yet.

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1753

• jeff cochran
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i have ? dose seng grow in pine thickets

Re:hey i'm new to hunting genseng 14 years 7 months ago #1767

one time i fount a three prong in a stand of southern yellow pines, odd place but i wouldn't go looking for it their.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 388 guests and no members online

Login