2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1710

Hillbilly, I didn't see that picture before my reply to the post, but you shouldn't feel like a dummy... even after I read ukfan's reply I still had to give a second look. that looks like creeper!!! but it is sang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1711

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I agree UKfan Hillbilly & jaychris that one was a ginseng leaf...

Well Lonnie congrats on your find and welcome to the ginseng addiction lol you are hooked for life.......

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1714

Hey, Billy. Didn't I see you on youtube hunting sang with your son?

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1717

yeah billy you must be the one with the great plants on you tube. check my plants on ebay this week, maybee you will have some comments, Vermonts best, big time!

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1722

Thanks E1 for your help.... you are right I am hooked...lol... found a bunch of chiggers as well....lol.... Hey do deer eat seng??

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1723

the one that was too close in the picture is seng....lol...I went looking online for a close up shot of just the stem and went out to take a second look with picture in hand...

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1729

No missunderstanding....so how are you doing hillbilly????.... Well I am going to be heading out today to scope out some more seng...lol....I was so bad that lastnight I went out with a flashlight....lol.... My wife is going nutta here gecause when I came back in from the wods I was extremely hopped up over finding the two plants....lol

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1733

lonnie your icon photo is most definitely virginia creeper. The nice pic with 5 leaflets is most definitely wild sarsaparilla, a good 'seng look alike. See the lower two leaflets opposite each other on the stem? Ginseng's five leaflets all are radial, coming off the stem at the same point, like the creeper. If the red berries were on jack-in-the-pulpit, you'd pretty much recognize the leaves and the rest of the plant habit. jack is a whole dif'ernt character. I have plenty of all three, but alas, no ginseng.

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1736

ebrown wrote:

lonnie your icon photo is most definitely virginia creeper. The nice pic with 5 leaflets is most definitely wild sarsaparilla, a good 'seng look alike. See the lower two leaflets opposite each other on the stem? Ginseng's five leaflets all are radial, coming off the stem at the same point, like the creeper. If the red berries were on jack-in-the-pulpit, you'd pretty much recognize the leaves and the rest of the plant habit. jack is a whole dif'ernt character. I have plenty of all three, but alas, no ginseng.

ebrown.... according to the pics of the stems that I found online they matched up perfectly.... I will post the icon pic so you can get a better look....
Attachments:

Re:I am new to seng hunting... never seen any before. Is this seng 14 years 7 months ago #1738

Virginia Creeper.... the one as my icon is not on a vine...I have attached a pic of what a creaper looks like
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 332 guests and no members online

Login