2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Biggest loser

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16282

Well, I thought I was at 167. But after Turkey Day and Christmas, I'm at 171.

I am 5'6\" tall and should be at about 155-160, so if I could lose 12 lbs that would be great. So I guess I'll hit the treadmill and get out the snowshoes.

I do feel better when my weight is below 160.

Good luck everyone on shedding the FAT!

classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16306

Well, I might as well get on this topic.
I'm 5'8\" tall and weigh in at 185 lbs. I need to drop 10 to 15 lbs. of fat to be solid.
Maybe with the holidays behind us we can get back to beans,cornbread and onions.

rootman

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16378

Guys, I gained 6 lb.s over the holidays. While it's too bad, no-one did it to me but myself. I just couldn't help myself when it come to pecan pie, christmas cookies, sweet potatoes, and well, I've got no resistance to most of that stuff!

I am proud to say that I didn't go back for 2nds at Christmas dinner, or Thanksgiving dinner...

So have forced myself to monitor weight since the 5th. Today, I have lost 3 of the six lbs I gained. Yea!

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16381

Way to go Whitjr.
I went the wrong way as well and am trying to get headed in the right direction. Need to drop 35-40 lbs by June. So 2-lbs a week is my goal from here on out. Skipping the \"all you can eat\" ckn wings and pizza buffet today with my buds. Its a Thursday ritual that will be hard to give up but ya just have too I guess.

I cannot wait to get in the woods again. It would be great treking around 40lbs less of a load than now.

I enjoyed your post and link about the \"CAT 297 skidsteer mulcher\" on Hillhoppers post. I viewed some other links and saw some other incredible machinery made for clearing brush and small trees. It would make quick work of some woods with brush that would be great for growing ginseng around here that are just too thick with brush to plant ginseng seed at the moment.

Sort of board and the crickets are chirping for sure. I am not a \"Facebook\" kind of fella but my recent post remind me of some \"Facebook\" ramblings I have seen so I might take a break for a while.

Later fellas and good luck to any that are still planting some seed.
Latt

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16384

Well, be careful how you think about yourselves with regard to the \"normal\" weights for height/age that are out there. These supposedly normals are incongruent with different types of bodies. In other words, if you are of medium build, the \"normals\" are going to be accurite. If you are big-boned, or the other way, definately skinney, then the normals will not suit you a'tall.

In my case, I am the big boned sort. Some people thing the big bone is just inbetween my ears... LOL... however my people are all similiarily big boned. We are not too tall, however big chested, and large boned folk. I havn't fit the \"Normal\" since I was about 13 years old. I'm 5'11\", and look reasonably good at 225. The normals say I should be not more than 180, however I havn't be that since I was 15.

My target is 230.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16761

NO-body keeping up with this poswt? I'm still at my weight I posted earlier. no net loss since then.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16763

Whitjr,
I am with you. I have been working out hard but I am not losing any weight. I need to be more diligent and eat more healthy from here on out until spring comes around. Can't wait to get out in the woods this spring to hunt mushrooms and to check out my ginseng beds. Would like to do this 20 to 30 lbs lighter thou. I went up 8 lbs since I started this post but lost all 8 to get back down where I was. So I still have a ways to go.
Latt

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16767

Can't say that I've been working out, but I have managed to get back down to 167. So I lost a few pounds since the holidays. I'm a chocolate lover and used to eat it every night. I did cut the chocolate benging back to perhaps once a week over the past month.

I hope to get below 160 by spring.

Good Luck everyone!

classicfur

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16768

I'm down 11lbs so far.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 2 months ago #16771

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
Weighing back in here guys.

I was at a routine Dr. appointment just this past Saturday, (11th) and weighed in @ 231. I was right at 250 when I entered my first post in this thread, so 19lbs to the good.

Although I have been more sedentary than not, I have done a bit of trail walking with my dog, and equally important, I have cut back on the sweets. I still don't eat right, but did make slight improvements with my diet. (In general, fewer fats)

On a side note; last Monday the 6th, I did make a trip up to my 'seng beds, and man O' man am I ever glad I stacked some light brush over my leaf mulch. Some adjacent spots were wind blown clear down to the dirt. Phew!

Bill

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1141 guests and no members online

Login