2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Biggest loser

Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16248

Hey fellas winter is upon us. Its this time of year many of us are a lot less active. I am in the yard working or in the woods pretty much from March to December dabbling with ginseng or mushroom hunting so I walk a lot. Jan through March seems to be a bit slow thou on the activity level side of things. I have been walking 5 miles a day and working out for the past two weeks trying to get in better shape. If anyone on here feels the same way join me and others in checking in now and then. I will start it off and I am not proud to say but I am weighing in at 257. Not too bad as I was 265 a couple of weeks ago. I stepped on the digital scales the other day and it said please step out of the car. lol

I'm shooting for 220 by April so we will see. Not sure if anyone will play along but it may be inspiring if we check in now and then or see how others are doing.

Perhaps you do not need to lose like I do but if you do I hope you join in.

Not really ginseng related I know but it's a bit slow this time of year so I hope no one minds.

Good luck, from fat Latt soon to be skinny Latt. lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16250

Merry Christma to you too! I had to laugh a bit at your post... As it's always a struggle to keep the weight off for me.

I'm at 243, well I was until yesterday when all the Christmas goodies came out! We travelled to my family's Virginia location, and the great eating commenced.....

In Octobeer, when I posted the photos of my planting I was at 260.
Down 17 lb.s from then due to very focused diet that my wife and I are on. I hope th NOT undo all that good effort over the next few days...

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16257

You had to bring it up Latt! I'll work on it after New Years, to many goodies in the house right now and I'm going to enjoy!

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16260

Oh Man am I miserable now.I'm up to around 250lbs.With Gout attacks getting more common I'm going to try to get to 210lbs.I started the raman Noodle diet last night.I have to do something about this gout.I've been pretty well Crippled in my back for over 2 years and only found out it was spinal gout when i borrowed a gout pill from my uncle when my feet started hurting.I had tried everything.Took the gout pill and the next morning felt like a million.:)

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16261

I am 5'11\" and weighing in at 192 right now.

That's good for me - I have been up in the 210-215 range before.

Mostly lost that by dropping junk food and eating more fruits and nuts.

Of course I could stand to loose some more but can promise you that has not happened over Thanksgiving and Christmas - too many family and Church gatherings with way too much great stuff to eat.

After New Years may try to drop a few pounds.

TNhunter

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16269

Latt,
A couple weeks ago I was at 195lbs but by the time spring is here I will be in the low 200's I'm sure. Im 6'2\" tall, so it's not too bad. I usually have a 20lb swing from 185or190 in summer to 205or210 in winter.

Hillhopper

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16270

Sounds like your guys are in pretty good shape. Congrats Whitjr on your diet. I am just shy of 6 foot and I work out with weights so not all of it is fat. But I could stand to loose 30 lbs. I am sure the ham, turkey, stuffing, pie, ice cream, candy, bread and today's lasagna has me well on my way to losing all the weight. lol
Planning on doing a lot of walking in the woods starting off with Morel season in April. So it would be nice to have already shed some weight before then.
Later guys.
Latt

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16272

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
Latt,

I may as well get in on this too. I am 6' even, and right now at around 250lb. I really need to drop at least 30lb. (40 would be better).

During my work life, I hovered around 190, and that fit really well.

There are some hilly trails near to me on a wildlife management area, and weather permitting, I plan on walking them some this winter. Maybe carry a shotgun, and try to put up a few grouse.

Bill

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16275

All you guys at 190 are just teasin' the rest of us~ LOL.

If I got to 230 [ my goal] I'd be very happy.

We were away at family for Christmas.... and I don't even want to get on my bathroom scale ... yet. I did however take all [ really! all] the Christmas sweets we brought home into work and encouraged everyone there to eat them.

Re:Biggest loser 12 years 3 months ago #16277

Whitjr,
Lol... my time is coming I'm sure. As every year passes, it takes a little longer to burn it off it seems. I feel your pain on the sweets though, I still have large amounts of boiled custard and chocolate fudge trying to decide whether to be man titties or love handles.

Hillhopper

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 335 guests and no members online

Login