2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need help asap

need help asap 14 years 10 months ago #1307

Just want to say first of all,i really enjoy this site,i thought i would see if anyone could give me some advice.I have a good friend of mine who has a very nice patch of wild seng,however there is a fungus or something that is spreading like crazy.There are already several bunches gone.Just wandering what could be done to stop this.I have a small patch myself and i noticed i have several tops wilting down,i dug a few and noticed the root seems to be rottening.Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:need help asap 14 years 10 months ago #1308

What does the root look like? If it is soft and water comes out when you squeeze it,i would say it might be phythophthora root rot. If it is,the tops will look discolored-maybe yellow,red,or brown and may even look like boiling water was poured on it.I have had this disease in my patch and i use subdue gr and aliette wdg fungicides. Without seeing your plants or having a good description,I really dont know what is causing your problems.You can find some information about ginseng diseases online.I hope I have helped some,but like i said a better description of the diseased tops and roots would help.GOOD LUCK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Who's Online

We have 109 guests and no members online

Login