2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 6 or 16 prong plant ?

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6840

Hey Billy,

Yep the video and pics that look Ok on the phone display are not so hot once displayed at normal PC resolutions or in normal image files.

I had a hot date with a good looking red head the other night (lucky me - she's my wife) and we went by Target after eating out and I made my way over to the electronics section and they had a bunch of nice little digital video recorders, some did HD quality and took 5 megapixal regular images too. I looked around on line and there are several out there that are waterproof too (you can actually use some under-water) and even those are not all that expensive.

You might spend a little of that seng profits this year and get you something like that - think I will.

PS - you could always send that root to me - I would plant it in my seed producing bed and be glad to send you back some pic's and video next spring :-)

No - kidding - If you have not started drying it yet, like the others have suggested - I would sure consider planting that root somewhere so you could check it out next spring and for years to come and just see how the top varies.

Again - congrats on a great find.

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6844

looks fine..you should have a big smile on your face.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6853

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
mifflin fur - Thanks

Mt.Goat - Thanks

DaveM - Thanks and that is a very good Idea

bglong - Thanks :) That to is a good Idea

R00Tin_Uh_Round - Welcome to the forum - Thanks and you are right I am the one who found that 10 leaf 1 prong that sure was a odd plant also.

bglong - To be completly straight I am afraid to try and say just how old that root is,but from all of my studys and everything that I have learned it is at least 70 years old.It was in one of the toufest areas that I have senged also very hard to get to.

Bird Nerd - Thanks

5prong - Thanks and the curls age seem to be around 70 years old but I am only going by my calculations on this as I believe that it is impossible to know the exact age of a root because of dormant years.

Tnhunter - Thanks and the water proof camera is a excellent idea.

Chieftain - Thanks Man.

Guys I want to let you all now that I believe that the good Lord led me to this root to help me recover from my back surgery this winter and I am saving this to eat right before surgery and after.As I have said before I do use wild Ginseng myself and have alot of confidence in its natural healing ability.If I had not been having this problem with my back and leg I would have planted it in one of my seed beds.

I felt very blessed to find this plant.

Again Thanks Everyone,

Billy.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6860

Billy,

Thanks for the welcome and i hope to see more of your great finds. Awesome forum here and a great bunch of people too. Hope to learn about this hobby a little more before next season from all of the knoweledge that is shared here at wildgrown.

Thanks again, and what a great find.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6914

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned a double decker 4 prong, so 8 prongs total. My finacee's grandfather has been digging for nearly 65 years, and he found one of those back in the mid 80's. Funny thing is I recently heard about a man near New York or something in the news who dug a root just under a pound....the double decker 4 prong my fiancee's grandfather dug weighed over a pound!! I have seen pictures of it myself, and will do my best to get them up on this site. Such a find should be shared with all of the dedicated hunters here on wildgrown

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6916

DUDE! thats an awesome plant!!! i found one once that had a pod of berries that had started to sprout before the plant had dropped them. the berries had dried, but clung to the pod, and had a few sprouts comin up. it was rather bizarre

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6917

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
hunz wrote:

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned a double decker 4 prong, so 8 prongs total. My finacee's grandfather has been digging for nearly 65 years, and he found one of those back in the mid 80's. Funny thing is I recently heard about a man near New York or something in the news who dug a root just under a pound....the double decker 4 prong my fiancee's grandfather dug weighed over a pound!! I have seen pictures of it myself, and will do my best to get them up on this site. Such a find should be shared with all of the dedicated hunters here on wildgrown

hunz I would love to see a picture of that,and I agree that is a awsome plant.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 781 guests and no members online

Login