2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 6 or 16 prong plant ?

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6680

Billy, The good lord takes care of the ones that take care of the earth he made. Way to go!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6684

Billy

What a wonder, there maybe some uranium real close to that plant, or just your good luck. You should see if some University or such would be interested in those pictures.

Just a note, some of us live in areas that do not have high speed so we cannot see videos. Please post a picture or two for the isolated boys.

guy

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6690

Guy,

Yeah - that 2\" lump with 10 stems comming out with leaves on the ends sort of makes you think something really strange happened with that plant.

Perhaps Billy was digging down around Oak Ridge TN / Clinton area when he found this one :-)

Back when I was a National Staff Shooter for High Country Archery I had a friend (another pro shooter) that went on a managed hunt there at Oak Ridge and killed a nice 12 pointer with bow/arrow, but when you leave that hunting place you have to go by a station and they scan them to see if radioactive. His nice 12 pointer was hot and all he got to take home was a few pictures.

I think that 5 & 6 prong plants are fairly common in cultivated seng and I am sure that is just the results of it being grown in the best possible conditions.

I think those Mountain areas where Billy, Maya, Chieftan and others are digging are just about as ideal as it can get for seng growing. That is why they find those huge plants with huge roots.

I don't know where my friends dad found that double decker 7 prong plant back in the 70's but I bet it was on a bluff around here somewhere or in one of those places where we have extremely rich rock chip filled, loaded wtih calcium type soil.

It is only in places like that (around here) that I find seng that even starts to look close to the plant/root quality that they are finding.

TNhunter

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6732

• mifflin fur
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
congrats billy man sure cant wait to c the pics you sure got me excited got up n the middle of the night just to see if it was up yet:woohoo:

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6738

C'MON Billy! How long you going to keep your audience waiting? You're just being mean now! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Congrats on the great find man.

Congrats to you too Chief on that nice yellow five prong. I was surprised to see the berries still hanging on.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6749

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
guy wrote:

Billy

What a wonder, there maybe some uranium real close to that plant, or just your good luck. You should see if some University or such would be interested in those pictures.

Just a note, some of us live in areas that do not have high speed so we cannot see videos. Please post a picture or two for the isolated boys.

guy

Will do Guy.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6750

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys im wanting to post a photo realy bad of this,but my friend doesnt live close by and he hasent had a chance to come by,but I will go see him soon if he dont make it over....

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6762

Hey Billy,

I'm pretty new here. Maybe I'm out of line to say this, but I'm dying here:lol: . I can't wait to see it.

My dad grew up practically across the line in Virginia from you in Pennington Gap. They actually border Harlan Co. I have an uncle there who is the one who got me interested in Seng. He didn't dig any this year. Keeps grumbling aout how they don't want to pay you the price for it any more. I just think it's his bad knees keeping him out of the hard places.
I appreciate a forum where you can talk about your faith and not get ridiculed for it. Even over at Trapperman you can't say anything without someone having something to say. I am a Christian too, and really like how you thank the Lord for everything.

Now, after church today go see your friend, ok?:laugh:

Bill

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6764

Bg..I banned myself from T-man about 5 years ago...they got issue's with everything over there..if you aint in to sucking up to P. Dobbin's then you aint going to be in their little clan..wildabouttrapping is a whole lot better site.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 6 months ago #6766

Yes I am a member there too. I haven't been there for a while. I am a member of several sites where I hadn't used my login for a while and it no longeraccepts it for somereason, though when I try to re-register, it tells me I'm already registered.

The same with bucket of guts and Swamptalk.

I think T man got too big. Just too many people there. A lot of the old timers are just lurking now andsome have disappeared compltely because of the bashing.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to see about getting my user name straightened out.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 309 guests and no members online

Login