2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week...

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #708

• sangman
  • sangman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
went out today october 23 for 2 and a half hours and found 4.3 onces. Presently surprized, I was really just taking a shot in the dark (really just wanting to hike). I found two completely green! All others yellow, three berrys on one yellow. Season still kickin here in WNC. I went up a rather steep mountain side with rocky caves on left and right in distance, I could honestly say I was a little spooked on the way back down, really think some kind of animals around. The leaves just crunch so much right now, even a chipmunk is heard from far away rustling in the leaves. But hey, my ears were pealed, next year I am going to carry a gun. What do you think for bear, a 44 mag? Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 14 years 8 months ago #1557

• Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
can't wait until my Dad and I start huntin sang this year. It has been a father/daughter thing for 20 some years now. I turn 40 and he is turning 66! Hopefully we will have a great season with fewer BEES to contend with!

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 14 years 8 months ago #1596

Hello everyone,
the season started in Kentucky yesterday and a friend of mine invited me and another friend over to his property in Mead County to see if he had any sang growing there.
I can tell you that he did! I've never beeen to this property before, so there was no previous scouting, but my friend and I dug 6 wet pounds in about five hours and we barely made it into the woods.
I can't even call what we did hunting. You'de be digging a nice three or four pronger and while you're down there you'de look around and see three or four mor plants!
Good luck everyone. Still have two more weeks before the season opens in Indiana.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 14 years 7 months ago #1608

Great start jch!

Digger you sound like me, I always find the bees!!!!

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 14 years 7 months ago #1645

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
LoL Maya I h8 them bee ... varmets :o)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 71 guests and no members online