2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng vs Logging

Ginseng vs Logging 5 years 5 months ago #41558

Hey guys, what are some of your experiences in woods that have good ginseng in them and they get logged. Sometimes it total clearcuts, other times its select logging. Does the plant come back, how long, any special things happen.. I don't know, I have some observations, I'm just interested in what some of y'all have seen. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ginseng vs Logging 5 years 5 months ago #41564

Logging is bad in my experience.completely ruined a great spot I had.

Ginseng vs Logging 5 years 5 months ago #41566

it does let the light in then the undergrowth takes over..

Ginseng vs Logging 5 years 5 months ago #41604

Crazy logging in the past 10 years. Entire forests high-graded. Many places I have seen will require 100+ years before even firewood can be harvested again. Most landowners have no idea how trees grow. Maybe they think squirrels will plant acorns and a forest of red oaks will magically appear.

The only benefit of irresponsible logging is that it makes the remaining ginseng impossible to find.

Ginseng vs Logging 5 years 5 months ago #41609

Thanks for all the input. One spot I looked forward to going to this year was clear cut. Bye Bye ginseng for many years. I did find some in some berry bushes in a logging spot that was hit approx 7 years ago.

Ginseng vs Logging 5 years 4 months ago #41694

my experience w old logged woods is that they go dorment till condition goes right. then they pop out w either one prong or two prong....but the root will be old and potent. that's just my experience in the hollors

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 621 guests and no members online

Login