2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: got out finally and did some scouting...

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41197

something ate on this one...
....i think this woods is worth hunting.....
.....i scouted for an hour.i was well pleased with what I saw....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41198

worth hunting indeed, good lookin seng! I haven't done much scouting, but I've had my mind on a few new areas this season. I expect the woods to be really nice this year. We've had decent rain fall, and thunder showers about every other day. I can't wait to get in there with it.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41199

it was today.not many spider webs nice and cool,ive had 2 and 3/4 inches of rain since sunday..the woods was nice and green.seen some box turtles..half a dozen squirrels ...

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41200

Nice pictures Chieftan! Glad you got out in nature. Can't wait to do that myself!

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41201

Here's some pictures from last year to help add to that seng fever!
Attachments:

Last Edit: by CarlM.

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41202

Another!
Attachments:

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41203

A favorite!
Attachments:

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41204

Nice lookin seng carl!, always nice to run across those big ones like that. There's no cure for seng fever, and I'm not looking for one either..:blink: Good luck on your harvest this season!

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41205

You to Wild! I'm just happy that 1.) the weather seems to be holding in our favor and 2.) my uncle is still able to go. In 2007 there was a drought and there was no ginseng to be had. I was hoping the weather would be favorable this year in WV and so far so good. Thankfully, my uncle's health issues haven't progressed to the point to keep him out of the woods. He says he will be moving slow in the woods, but he'll be in them!

got out finally and did some scouting... 5 years 7 months ago #41206

ahh, West Virginia that's some mighty good ginseng and deer hunting territory. Glad to hear your uncle is still able to get out. If it's in your blood to be in the woods you'll go no matter what. With the kind of terrain we have around here I can't see doing this in my latter years, but I'm sure I will try. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from, Hollers that have no bottom and ridges that have no top, lol, those mountains will swallow you up for sure, I love it though.

Well chief, it's rained here all day long, and chance of some more tomorrow. Let em grow, let em grow!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Who's Online

We have 670 guests and no members online

Login