2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40858

thanks guys, I got some good points from a bass fisherman concerning hiding the hook in the plastic worm, thought maybe it might be along those lines here. I spent 6 long fishing trips last month at the lake and not even a nibble,after about 1 minute of advise from a bass fisherman I caught a bass on the first cast of the day in about 10 seconds so it definitely pays to ask for help ! thanks again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40859

I had to go look at a concrete job this morning..ugh...when I got done there I came home and vacuum sealed 140 crappie fillets and got them in the freezer...

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40860

they are saying low tonight in the upper teens .wind chill in the single digits in the morning.opening morning for trapping in the morning .got a little ADC work to set up,got a farmer with coons in the hay barn.he has registered quarter horses..he says the horses don't like eating the hay after the coons use the hay as a toilet ..and I have a farm pond to set up with muskrat problems

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40861

wow, that is down right cold. Finally got some colder weather here as well, but not that cold..:whistle: Good luck on the trapping. Can't blame the horses for that..lol. Do you skin em as well?

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40862

I don't know 44 no better than the price of coons are I may relocate them..aint hardly worth 5 bucks to skin one..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40863

Chief I'd check on the price. I've heard fur is on the rise this yr but time will tell.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40864

hob I checked around in couple spots and some fur is up but the coon ,rats .beaver and mink are still low..but you never know..

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40867

Iam picking up a coon or two every night in the barn and I had 5 rats this morning

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40871

sounds like you're cleaning house chief, nice job. I'm hittin the lake this friday suppose to be 64 and partly sunny hope to get into some!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 4 months ago #40872

had a coon this morning and 3 rats..i may be getting the rats thinned down but theres still coons in the barn a plenty..don't think the critters moved real well last night.they should move tonight ahead of the cold front and rain moving in ..

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 451 guests and no members online

Login