2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41903

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41904

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41905

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41906

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41907

that's a good looking creek....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41908

chief, that is the west prong of the little pigeon river which runs up the mountain towards Ramsey Cascades in the park all the way into north carolina. Although the water is relatively down right now I came across some deep holes back in there i've never seen before. I bet some of them were 30 ft deep. You wouldn't believe the water that rushes through there when it floods. I've found some of the craziest things washed up on the banks down in there. It's a fun place to explore, and pretty good trout fishing at times.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41909

sure looks like a great place to explore...the bonus is there colors in them crevice..just think if you could get a small dredge in the bottom of one of them 30 ft. hole, down to bed rock....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41910

oh man, that would be interesting for sure. No telling what's settled down in those deep holes over thousands of years of floods. The heat and humidity is back on here. I may end up jumping in there to swim next time, lol.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41911

I heard that, this is the worst day here so far,it is brutally humid here..but rain tomorrow ,2 to 4 more inches,just what I don't need...

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 9 months ago #41930

Got out to the river this morning and beat the heat. I stayed on the shady side of the river. I was working the same spot last week and a thunderstorm ran me out. I returned today and ended up with a pretty nice pan. Hard to dodge those thunderstorms this time of year.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds

Who's Online

We have 239 guests and no members online

Login