2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41791

Thanks chief, not to bad for east Tennessee. It's definitely not California, or Alaska, but I always seem to find just enough to keep me interested, lol. Being on the western flank of the carolina gold belt I really do believe that the gold could actually be pretty good here in spots, but you would have to have a suction dredge to extract it in significant amounts, which they banned here in Tennessee. It's fun though, and addictive!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 week ago #41825

Beautiful day today in the East Tennessee mountains. It was a bit on the cool side with highs in the low 50's, but the sun was out. I did a little hiking/fishing today and landed some nice trout. Any day without rain is a good day!

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 week ago #41826

Did a little exploring up a side creek off the main river. Some beautiful rock formations and lots of Quartz..hmm
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 week ago #41827

that looks like a nugget trap....nice catch on them trout.....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 week ago #41828

Thanks chief made some good dinner last night. It was a good day for exploring nice and cool. The bugs and snakes don't appear to be out yet except for a few flies hitting the water. I ventured into some places yesterday that I sure won't be in this summer, lol.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 5 days ago #41829

Wild... those trout sure are pretty fish. Colorful for sure.

It has been a nice week here, sunshine, almost no rain, the river should be in good shape for tomorrow (Saturday morning).

Loading my Yak up this time, going to do a 3 mile float... hope to catch some nice smallies and a large mouth or two would be great too. The river I fish has both in it and some good black perch too (rock bass).

It is 68 degrees on my back porch right now (in the shade)... low tonight in the lower 40's...

I finally got my garden broke up this week (finally dried out enough)... my Peach trees are in full bloom. hope the dang frost don't get them again this year. Last two years, no peaches. It is time for some...

You all have a great weekend ! and share some pics :-)

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 5 days ago #41830

good luck TN,looking forward to the pic.s of some nice smallies..37 degrees here and a 30 mph wind...yuk....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 5 days ago #41831

Sounds like a fun day TN hope you get into some good action. Chief, it's bound to warm up sooner or later. I know you're itching to get into those crappie. It's been pretty nice all week here, but yesterday the high was 51 overcast and windy. I about froze to death, lol. That wind just cuts right through you.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 4 days ago #41832

Well, I couldn't decide whether to fish or gold prospect today. It was beautiful weather, and I ended up finding myself back down at my usual gold crevice spot. It's a spot I've worked quite some time and found some good color at. The two crevices I've been working are very narrow and deep. Today I got about as far down as I could possibly get without tearing my arms to pieces. My hands and arms look like I've been in a fight, lol. Found a nice chunker. I mean it was deep in there! What's bad is there's a lot more material in there I can't reach. I can only imagine what might be at the bottom.
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 4 days ago #41833

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1061 guests and no members online

Login