2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41071

Nice little wild mountain trout. I released this little guy, but kept a couple keepers for dinner.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41072

Had a few trout for dinner at the campground over the fire. Hard to beat.

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41073

you and I had some good eating 44...them trout look great....I had crappie and mushrooms..its been a awful spring here for mushrooms.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41074

Looks awesome, I could eat that every night. What kind of mushrooms are they?

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 10 months ago #41075

yellow morels....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41114

Lots of rain around this week. Sure will be good for that ginseng, but sucks for doing anything else. Hot and humid and wet it's like the amazon jungle around here. Never seen the woods so thick and green hope it really brings out the ginseng this year!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41127

I spent a hour or so scouting a woods today...seen some seng but not a lot with any size..got about a third of the woods looked over..it may get better the deeper in I go,i will just have to see..skeeters were thick as hair on a dogs back..

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41128

chief, I was at the river today and I was itching to wonder up the ridge sides and look around. Woods are thick right now, and snakes are out big time. A friend of mine was fly fishing up the river and ran into a 5 foot timber rattler crossing the trail. Gettin bit by one of those would sure ruin your day in a hurry. I get in the water quick and get out quick, lol. Hope we don't run into any major droughts this summer, could be a good year for the seng. Looking forward to September already!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41129

it was kinda exciting to get out and see some seng..but it was hot and the bugs and spider webs were bad...

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41130

I hear ya, i've never been a big fan of summer. I bet i've pulled half dozen ticks off of me so far, and those dang chigger bites are always fun too.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Who's Online

We have 312 guests and no members online

Login