2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: My 2017 season so far

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40689

Thank you, Jimsanger! I'm from NE Ky. I hate to hear that about your Seng in your area. Ours is still hanging on pretty good. Thanks again bud

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40691

Thank you TNhunter! Yes I've found Seng in pines in two different places this season. Both old and young stuff.
The first place was in an established growth of White pine. At least 50 years old because they were there when I was a young. I wasn't specifically looking for Seng right in the pines but got led there from finding Seng on the hill above them. That biggest root I've got came from there.
Another spot was a small patch of pine that had Seng from the top to the bottom of it plus Seng in a ravine next to it.
Thanks on that wet/dry ratio. I wasn't sure. I'm planning on hunting a few more times, good Lord willing.
I will post some more pics as I go. Have a great evening, brother!

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40708

Attachments:

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40709

Attachments:

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40710

yours are holding up good.Ub...nice to see a green one even if it is a pic. of one...nice job...

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40711

enjoyed the pics trapper, looks like you got some more hunting time in store lots of green still in there. There's just something I love about seeing those droopy gold ones on those ridges in October you can really spot em. I Just hope there's some droopy ones left here by next week, lol. Good lookin old roots, keep on diggin.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40712

Chieftain wrote: yours are holding up good.Ub...nice to see a green one even if it is a pic. of one...nice job...

Thanks Chief! Yeah we still have a lot green here. I wish you guys had of gotten some rain when you needed it the most so you could still be digging.

My 2017 season so far 6 years 6 months ago #40713

wildspirit44 wrote: enjoyed the pics trapper, looks like you got some more hunting time in store lots of green still in there. There's just something I love about seeing those droopy gold ones on those ridges in October you can really spot em. I Just hope there's some droopy ones left here by next week, lol. Good lookin old roots, keep on diggin.

Thanks 44! The weather finally cooled down here today. Excellent Sengin weather 75/50. It's been 89/62 for the last ten days or so.
I love finding those yellow droopy ones too. Lol Plus those old gnarly looking roots.
Good Luck on your next hunt, bud!

My 2017 season so far 6 years 5 months ago #40758

Attachments:

My 2017 season so far 6 years 5 months ago #40759

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.999 seconds

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and no members online

Login