2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),..

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40440

Hey Folks...

Thought it would be nice to have a single post where we show off the best roots of the year (so far), or your best root of the days hunt, etc...

You know those whoppers, or even small roots with long necks... which ever one or two or three that you consider to the be the best of the best from your most recent hunting trip.

Sort of one place you can go and see the cream of the crop.

I will start it off with a pick of a couple nice roots from my most recent hunt. These do not have a lot of age to them, but they had some good size for my area.

I KNOW a lot of you guys can do better than this. So feel free to post em here and show them off.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40441

those are a couple of dandy's TN.

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40452

found this the first day tucked behind an old shed on a steep hill at a long ago abandon homestead. must have been there personal stalks of sang, didn't find enough to call it a patch but the made up for that !
Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40453

kinda blurry but a nice lookin root.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by ezissin.

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40454

Those are sure some nice looking roots PABilly and ezissin.

PABilly... I edited your post, and the attachment and clicked the "insert" option...

That makes the Pic show up in the post, without having to click on it to bring it up and see it. Took me a while to figure that out on this new board, but that is the trick to it.

After you add the image attachment, click on the "insert" option... that works nicely.

TNHunter

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40460

TNhunter wrote: Those are sure some nice looking roots PABilly and ezissin.

PABilly... I edited your post, and the attachment and clicked the "insert" option...

That makes the Pic show up in the post, without having to click on it to bring it up and see it. Took me a while to figure that out on this new board, but that is the trick to it.

After you add the image attachment, click on the "insert" option... that works nicely.

TNHunter

thanks very much TNHunter, I had tried to edit that several times, and i used to operate a website :-)

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40463

couldnt make my mind up on my favorite root today....these four weighed 10.6 oz....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40464

Good grief Chief... 4 roots that weight over 10 oz... 2-3 more like that and you would have a pound.

I am lucky to get a few over 1 oz each year.... occasionally get up around 1.5 and that is a real good one for here.

Those are some whoppers for sure.

Going seng hunting tomorrow... and again on Monday evening. Going fishing on Monday morning and seng hunting that evening.. now that is my kind of day.

TNHunter

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40466

TN .you must have read my mind ..I was going ask you if them Smallies were biting yet...

2017 Best Roots (everyone contribute please),.. 6 years 6 months ago #40474

Nice roots guys, found a hand full of nice ones today.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Who's Online

We have 371 guests and no members online

Login