2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40707

it sure does 44,seems like hot and dry weather in the fall the seng plants hurt the worst..they show stress first compared to the other plants in the woods

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 6 years 5 months ago #40731

finally getting some rain,two weeks to late but I had fun in the woods digging this year,then coming home and getting on here and seeing what all you guys had been digging..getting the boat ready for some fall crappie fishing...retired from a 40 year bowhunting career,so I got to have something to keep me occupied in the fall..

opening day... 6 years 5 months ago #40741

Glad you got some rain Chief! We still haven't got any, but has cooled down a bit. I hear ya on keeping occupied this fall. I as well hope the fall crappie fishing is good. It seems it has been a bit slow past couple years for me. Seems every time I'm at the lake the fish were always biting yesterday, or last week..:lol: It's nice to be doing anything in the fall though cool weather and campfires. Hope you get into em thick this year!

opening day... 6 years 5 months ago #40746

I know our spring crappie fishing was awful..hope it turns on this fall..

opening day...2018........ 6 years 5 months ago #40787

it was down right chilly here today,never got above 56 degrees,with a mist of rain and 25 mph wind ..it amazing ,iam most years still digging some root at this time of year..not this year though..

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day...2018........ 5 years 6 months ago #41305

6am opening day...had a light breakfast ..waiting on the sun to come up ...going to be darn hot but iam going to try it for a little bit..good luck one and all..pic.s will be posted when I get back...

opening day...2018........ 5 years 6 months ago #41306

got to the woods at 7:15 hunted till 10:45....it was hot hot hot..humid humid humid..the air was so thick you had to chew it before you could inhale it......skeeters by the pound..spider webs as thick as hair on a dogs back..and with all that said I love every second of it..not the best opening day I ever had but not the worst either....39 oz. this morning.....
......heres some hiding in the brush...
........these were the only ones showing yellow..
.....as you can see no berries..out of 39 oz. of root I had 16 berries total......

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41311

Unbelievable opening day Chief!. I wasn't seeing many berries either kind of strange. The woods were really thick and green no telling how much seng I walked past in those thickets. You had to hunt real slow just to spot em. The weirdest part of the morning for me was when I was digging a root and cut my finger on a broken bottle that was buried around the root! I was like are you kidding me what are the odds! Looks like you're in for another killer season. Look forward to more pics.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41312

dang 44 hope the fingers ok...yea whats the odds of that happing...I seen that nice 5 you got today..aint many 5's out there.congrats...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41313

IMG_20180901_140243837_HDR.jpg[/attachment Hey everyone! I dug 17 ounces this morning. It was so hot and humid but I LOVE it! Lol[attachment=8809]IMG_20180901_140243837_HDR.jpg[/attachment
Hey everyone! I dug 17 ounces this morning. It was so hot and humid but I LOVE it! Lol
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Who's Online

We have 630 guests and no members online

Login