2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40540

thanks Hob...the woods are changing here day by day..the walnut trees have all got yellow leaves that are dropping ,hack berry trees and cottonwoods are all dropping leaves also...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40547

well instead of the high life I headed to the mountains today....34 oz...things are almost done here hope to get another hunt or two in before its over...

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40554

34 ounces is a real nice day Chief... I went out this evening and picked up 16 ounces. I'm thinking we got about another week and a half or so around here and she'll be just about over.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40556

34 oz's is a nice day indeed!, Always love a cold one while cleaning roots. Awesome harvest Chief.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40560

jimsanger wrote: . I'm thinking we got about another week and a half or so around here and she'll be just about over.

...same here..they are saying a chance of thunderstorms sun. and mon...if we get a hard pounding rain.its over..44 I don't know about the rest of the guys but I like sitting at the dinning room table and going through my days harvest after I get it cleaned up..i just like checking out the roots and the strange way some grow

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40576

going, going ,almost gone..got out for a couple hour hunt this morning..86 degrees high humdity..25 mph wind ..I literally watched leaves fall off the plants today...80 % look like this with a few yellow ones left..i worked my butt off to dig 15 oz..

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40577

Chief...

In years past I remember you would start talking like it was about over for you... and then you would go on and dig another 5-10 pounds.

Hope it works out like that for you this year, but I agree, based on how dry and yellow those are a good rain or two will flatten them out and beat them up and it will be over.

Keep going... till you cant find no more :-)

I am going to do a short hunt this evening myself... close to home, mostly planting all the red berries I can find, but if I do find a few good ones I will bring a few home.

TNHunter

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40578

TNhunter wrote: Chief...

In years past I remember you would start talking like it was about over for you... and then you would go on and dig another 5-10 pounds.

TNHunter

......LOL...iam guilty as charged..just don't think this is going to that kinda year TN...I hope you have a great hunt this evening..i wish you many berries planted a some of them good ones to bring home....

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40579

chief, wow they are about burnt up aren't they. You've had one heck of a season for the time you were allowed for sure. Hope you get a couple more in. I find it kinda fun to hunt a couple times in late season just to see how many I can find. I've found some of my best roots when there was nothing left but the stem laying down.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40580

44 about everything in the woods here is burnt up....I know I have not mowed my yard in 33 days..couldn't talk myself in to digging today..9 am and its almost 80 degrees with stifling humidity...think 'ill wait..possibility of rain tomorrow and Monday...then a little cooler .I will try after the rain but I don't imagine there will be much left after the rain and wind....IF and that's a big IF we get rain....

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Who's Online

We have 462 guests and no members online

Login