2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41795

damn sure nothing greening up here ...spitting a little snow right now...may get 3 to 6 inches this weekend then more bitter cold and wind...seen the 14 day outlook, way below normal temp.s for at least a couple weeks...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41796

Hey guys. I know spring sounds good but just started to hit the fish good here through the ice.
Attachments:

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41797

Impressive mess of fish there. Looks like it's time for a fish fry. It's been raining again for the past two days right after we got hammered with rain for a week solid. I'm about over it! I'd take snow and ice any day over this rain.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41798

spring time at my house...wasn't so much the snow as it is the wind now..i got 3 inches for sure maybe more cant really tell with a 40 mph wind..

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41799

looks pretty nippy. It's been raining all day here again. I've actually forgotten what the sun looks like. The woods behind the house are starting to fill up again. Suppose to have plenty of sun next week, but colder. Oh well, not much you can do about the weather.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41800

well we are going to be in the deep freeze now...2 above for tonight's low. wind chill minus 10 to 15....the temp.s have dropped 12 degrees in two hours...hope it dries out for you 44.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41801

minus 2 degrees this morning...brrrrrrr.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41802

It has been cold again here the past few days ... down in the 20's.

winters last revenge I wish... I am sure ready for it to leave.

i planted blueberries last spring, and elderberries... should get some harvest off those this year.

Just ordered more berries for planting this year including jostaberry, red currants, honey berry, and loganberry. Loganberry is a cross between a red raspberry and a black berry. Large purple berries that taste great (they say)... we'll see.

I have long established concord grape vine, and a 30' row of ilinni blackberries (tame but with thornes)... makes huge berries that taste like wild. Love em.

I like going out in my yard and garden / orchard and just picking stuff to eat. Berries are really good for you to, so loading up on those.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41803

Well boys, something really strange happened today. The sun came out and stayed out all day! It was a bit on the chilly side though, don't believe it quite made it to 40. Good looking blackberries TN. Sounds like you got a nice homestead fresh market there. There's a good place right down the road where the blackberries just grow wild everywhere. Love picking those in the summer.

opening day... 5 years 1 month ago #41804

I had those Loganberry for years,they got old and quit producing don't know why I didn't plant some new ones,real good eating berries,i got 5 more fruit trees to plant if it ever warms up......44 I know what you mean,not much sun here for the last 5 days...snow moving in Thursday may get another 3 to 6 inches...oh goodie.....

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Who's Online

We have 157 guests and no members online

Login