2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41584

I went up the river and caught 21 crappie today..i dug 4oz of root but its getting tuff ....seen and old guy up there bass fishing he was tearing the bass a new a$$ ...when he came back down the river I ask him how many bass he caught...he said it was the best day ever....87 bass...I watch him catch aleast 30 on one stretch of bank.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41587

Nice!, it's getting about that time again. No better time than the fall. I wish it wasn't so short lived. Man, he did wear em out didn't he.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41588

44. that old boy was fishing a grassy bank across from where I was tied up on a tree top crappie fishing..i watched him wrench bass after bass after bass..i seen him miss a strike reel 3 feet . bang have another one on..and they were anywhere from 10 inches long up to 4 lb.s...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41590

Those crappie are tasty! Good job on the fishing and Seng brother! Sounds like the fishing was excellent! Were those bass smallmouth?

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41596

large mouth ub....I didn't have time to think about seng today..i hammered them...56 crappie today....

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41597

wow, just an amazing day of fishing there! Those crappie taste better than those roots any day. I'll be trying my luck on the crappie soon. Are you catching them around brush or trolling?

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41598

brush ..tight lining..they were 6 feet deep...

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41600

Yeehaaaw! Now that's what I'm talkin about, Chief! Dang brother thats nice! Lol Wow!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41602

Man!, I'd love to get into a mess like that. If I get 10 keepers I've had a great day, lol. I usually troll for em. I might have to concentrate on that brush some more. Chief is the crappie whisperer I remember he tore em up last season to!

opening day... 5 years 6 months ago #41621

first things first,i want to thank you 44 for your post yesterday tell us the state of your seng..for without that I wouldn't have even looked..we have had four mornings below 29 degrees and 5 morning 34 degrees....in my mind it was over....as I hooked on to the boat this morning to go crappie fishing I closed my shop door and there was my digging trowel ..oh what the hell throw it in the boat the crappie may not bite and brother 44 is still finding some....at noon I took a break from the fishing and took a walk up a holler.low and behold..GREEN seng....26 oz....
oh yea.43 crappie.....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 572 guests and no members online

Login