2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40397

Nice Chief

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40399

That's the ones they want Chief... Long necks more than 3 inches... Man they're hard to get out of the ground though

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40402

Chief..

That is some awesome root and a pile of it.

Hate to see that you are having such a dry season and some dyeing back already. It is completely different down here in southern middle TN.. plenty of rain all this year, and lots of ran the past month -just last week that dang hurricane gave us 3-4 days of good slow rain.

If anything we have had too much rain this year. Some of my seed bed plants are yellowing and yellow spotting and getting a few bullseye spots from all of this extra rain and fungal outbreak.

HOpe you get a break in the weather and some rain soon... and dig a big old pile anyway.

TNHunter

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40405

thanks Hob,iam wussing out today ..its already hot at 8am.humdity is off the chart..Jim, it took me three times as long to dig them out..the ground is hard as concrete...TN. we got a slight chance of rain this evening..iam desperate for rain..if not its going to be a short season here...

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40410

Same here in WV... Looking like it may be a short digging year... 50% of what I found the last few days is yellow and laying on the ground... ones the leaves start falling it will be all but over here... I got nearly 6 pounds of wet so far... probably gonna dig up another pound or so to sell then start planting my seed... I think I told Hobbler a while back that it seems like the older I get the more I enjoy watching it grow... Good luck to everyone out there...

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40422

...26 oz. today..

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40423

these 6 on the bottom weighed between 1.8 and 3 oz....

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40426

Nice Lot!, that drying rack is getting crowded I imagine, and that's a good thing.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40427

Way to go Chief get um before they go down.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40437

thanks guys..still begging for rain...my yard has cracks in it 3/4 of an inch wide...

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Who's Online

We have 361 guests and no members online

Login