2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Tennessee gold

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40365

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on the forum. This is a little off topic, but interesting none the less. As most of you I've been really itching to get out in the woods and do some ginseng hunting. I had some spare time yesterday, and I recently bought a gold sluice that I've been wanting to try out. I live in eastern Tennessee near smoky mountains. I've long heard tales of there being gold in little river in Townsend. I set out and ran my sluice for couple hours and took the concentrates home to pan out, and lo and behold there it was. I guess you could say I have gold fever to contend with on top of ginseng fever, however I believe the ginseng fever is hitting me a little harder, lol. Hope everyone has a safe and rewarding season!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40366

There's gold in them Tennessee Hills!
Attachments:

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40367

color in the pan...congrats....

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40368

thanks!, I have a long way to go until I get an ounce, :lol: . It's quite a bit of work to find just a little gold, but it sure is pretty. It's a nice way to spend a warm afternoon. I'm ready to start eyeing those berry pods come this weekend, good luck to ya!

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40369

Nice wild! Good luck to you too. We can't mine for gold here with out minning rights even on ur own land.

Last Edit: by Hobler666shang.

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40370

thanks hobler, They have banned dredging in most waters here in tennessee. Panning and sluicing allowed only, and of course no prospecting in the park. There's not a ton of gold here, but there's enough to give the recreational prospector a little action. Looks like you're gonna start the seng season off with a bang. Be safe and dig some big ones!

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40400

going to hit the woods Tuesday, but this evening I had to hit the river again for a few hours, and found a nice little picker. Seng pics are coming soon..:blink:
Attachments:

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40407

GOLD RUSH..they may want to put you on that TV show....44...congrats keep on washing that gravel....

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40408

thanks cheif, speaking of tv shows. The reason I haven't been sengin yet is they are filming naked and afraid right in the middle of where I hunt. They've been up there filming the past 3 weeks. I can't reveal where it's at of course, but they are paying a very good friend of ours to film the show on his property. It's crazy I know! I don't know if you guys have seen the show it's on the discovery channel I believe. Maybe I could start a new show naked and sengin, hmmm. Nah, I'll pass..:blush:

Tennessee gold 6 years 7 months ago #40409

naked sanging would be a tuff row to hoe where I dig....

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Who's Online

We have 340 guests and no members online

Login