2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Where are all the pics?

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39150

Great stuff Chief, Ricky...
Keep the pics coming guys..
I'm going to get to go in the morning. It's not the spot I want to get into, but having problems getting in there bcuz its tied up in a deer lease, and these guys think that if I'm in there for a few hours \"their\" big buck will up and move 3 counties away... Its theirs, and I respect their right to tell me no, but wish it was for a better reason.
Anyways the spot I'm going to should have some older stuff in it, but I didn't find anything remarkably large the last time I was in there... not a big area and really would be surprised if I pull more than 5 or 6 ounces out of there, but should be some nice bulby Ohio root with lots of deep wrinkles... at least thats the type of roots I found last time...
Hopefully nobody else has dug it out...
Keep those pics coming guys!
I really enjoy seeing them.
Especially when I cant get out much... :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39151

good luck 5..hope you do great...

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39152

It did take a while, just glad it didn't go straight down. haha

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39153

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39156

iam not going to get to dig today it looks like....supposed to rain....the real reason is it the daughters 30 th birthday..taking her out to lunch..

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39161

Chief... glad you are posting pics again.

Looks like you have had several good hunts already and that one big FAT one -- my my.

5prong - he beat you a little on that big one but they are both GREAT roots and bigger than anything I have ever found down here in TN.

Ricky - my goodness what a long root. I have seen Billy and Maya put up some long root pics, but I think you got them beat with that one.

Every Year there are root pics posted here that seem almost unbelievable to me. I know they are real but I have to think that you guys just have a lot better growing conditions than I have down here in southern middle TN.

Keep those pics coming.

TNHunter

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39163

the pic.s are thanks to you TN..I read your post on posting pictures and finally figured out what was wrong....

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39164

TN that root came out of mountain laurel. Nice root Chief!

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39167

it is around 7 am here ,sure wanting to go to the woods this morning.i just looked at radar and it looks like rain,may have to drink another cup of coffee and rethink this...don't mind the rain,but thunderstorms with lighting and wind ,not sure a day in the woods is worth it........is this a sign iam getting old..:) 20 years ago it wouldn't have mattered what the weather was...:blush:

Re:Where are all the pics? 7 years 7 months ago #39169

10 am now, pouring down rain 30 mph wind .some thunder and lightening ..so far iam glad I stayed in....

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Who's Online

We have 448 guests and no members online

Login