2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Almost Here

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39048

I gotta work tomorrow...

But I have Friday off work (my company gives us our birthday off)... My Birthday is Sept 3 but since that is on Saturday, I get this Friday off work.

And Monday is a paid holiday for me too. I will get some seng digging and fishing done over this LONG weekend.

TNHunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39049

Good luck tomorrow everyone! It sure has been a long wait.

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39050

Just got word of 240$ lb dry ugh. I wouldn't dream of digging for that

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39051

I hope the people that need the money are able to get enough to take care of their families. Myself, I don't care what the price is. I love being out in the woods taking a break from the news and technology. Not to mention the 2 week break from work I will get! It will be a definite recharge for sure. On a more somber note, this will be a tough year as my uncle (who suffers from an illness called inclusion body myositis) will muster up the strength and will to go. He's been doing this for about 47 years and I believe that this will probably be his last. For me, if the price went to $0, I'd be just as rich. I will continue to ginseng in the future. It just won't be the same without him. The stories, the laughs, the joking and just being with a real good person with an iron will and a heart of gold, is something money can't buy. I want everyone to enjoy the season, drink in what nature has to offer and most of all, just be well! I hope to post some pictures later in the month after my trip is over!

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39052

CarlM...

God Bless your Uncle there Carl. I pray that he does better than expected on his health.

I hope you both find some really good roots to harvest this year.

46 years is a LONG time.. I started digging seng in 1976 (and that is 40 years ago now), a high school friend of mine took me on my first hunt and taught me how to find it. We hunted and trapped and fished together for many years.

That price mentioned is discouraging for sure but I will at least get out and dig a few for me to eat this next year.

I do hope that prices turn upwards... and Good Luck to All !

TNHunter

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39054

I couldn't have said it better carl. I hope you and your uncle have a great season. I went out today and couldn't get to the spot I was wanting to go, because there was blow downs all over the trail. Went to a new spot and found a nice patch of big ole mature plants, and lots of young patches here and there, which is always nice to see. The humidity was unreal, but couldn't resist on getting out there. As for price, it seems it always starts out low and gets better in late october/november so I wouldn't necessarily let that deter you. Good luck to all.

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39056

A dealer here in Missouri just told me 65 green LOL

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39058

season opens tomorrow here..

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39063

Hope you dig a bunch Chief

Re:Almost Here 7 years 6 months ago #39067

well iam going to get out and check the spots I scouted about a month ago..thanks Len

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 698 guests and no members online

Login