2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: So... how much did you dig this year ?

So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37872

I expect everyone's digging season is over by now. And for most if you are drying roots they should be about dry by now.

Just wondering how much you folks harvested this year ? and if you have sold any, wondering what you got for it ?

Myself - I decided early on that I was only going to go on 3 hunts... and I stuck to that (since price was looking to be low this year).

In 3 trips, I had one pretty good hunt and two that were just so so..

I ended up with 7.2 oz of dry seng.

I sold 1 oz to my Nephew for personal consumption... got 30.00 for that ounce. He offered 40.00 per ounce.. but he is my nephew so I made him a deal on it.

30.00 oz = 480.00 pound... which is about what I am hearing TN seng might bring this year anyway.

I know some of you guys went on several hunts and dug a lot.

So...

How much did you end up with ?

If you have sold any... what did you get for it ?

I would be interested in hearing from diggers in all states on this.

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37873

I dug 16 green lbs n got $325 a lb. Also had 7 1/2 lbs dry at $1000 a lb. This is my best yr to date

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37874

Hobbler... I knew you did well this year. That is a GREAT year for sure and you got some really good prices too. Top quality seng fetching some really good price.

I have not checked on TN prices in about 3 weeks now. Hopefully they will go on up some (last check I did was quoted 400.00 /lb for dry).

Noting to get excited about... I may check again in about a week and see if our price has moved up some.

Thanks for replying... I would think your totals are going to be hard to beat.

TNhunter

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37877

I'm in northern kentucky I ended up with 1lb 14 ounces dry and set back 6 ounces for cunsumption, so I have 1lb 8 ounces to sell and price at kisers in Grayson ky is 600 as of monday. Gonna wait till around 24th to sell for kids christmas, gonna shop black friday hope to see another jump in price. Started 450 in my area this year. Doing better than I expected

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37878

I got 3.1 LB this year down from 6.0 lb last year due to in part the bad drought here. Still holding on to it.

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37879

Hobbler,
That is a lot of root brother. Glad you have great spots to hunt. Hey I will dig you some goldenseal root next summer and send it to you. I didn't get out to dig any due to my total hip replacement. I am all better now and can't even tell I had it done.

I did get to plant 2 lbs of seed in the past couple weeks.

TN, didn't dig any wild seng again. Just been planting some seed. Sure miss it tho. I have a few spots I could dig some nice wild seng from. But I know I would be disappointed that it would be gone after I dug it. So I just leave it and check in on it from time to time. Just enjoy seeing it.
Latt

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37880

Latt wrote:

Hobbler,
That is a lot of root brother. Glad you have great spots to hunt. Hey I will dig you some goldenseal root next summer and send it to you. I didn't get out to dig any due to my total hip replacement. I am all better now and can't even tell I had it done.

I did get to plant 2 lbs of seed in the past couple weeks.

TN, didn't dig any wild seng again. Just been planting some seed. Sure miss it tho. I have a few spots I could dig some nice wild seng from. But I know I would be disappointed that it would be gone after I dug it. So I just leave it and check in on it from time to time. Just enjoy seeing it.
Latt

Latt, I dug almost exactly 18 green pounds the season before last, can you dig me some goldenseal also ?

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37881

Wow Western thats awesome.
Sure I will get you some Goldenseal root too next summer.
Latt

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37883

lol, that's ok, just kidding.... I know where there's a little seal :-)

Re:So... how much did you dig this year ? 8 years 4 months ago #37884

Thxs guys. That will b great latt thxs alot. Then I will finally b able to c golden seal. Never found any in the areas I dig.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 663 guests and no members online

Login