2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recent rain

Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37638

Anyone had any luck still finding ginseng in the past few days since the recent rain?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37639

I live in south west TN and went to 3 different \"new\" places this past Sunday and didn't find anything. All 3 places had every sign of being a great place for seng to grow but no luck finding anything. I believe it has already fallen for the year here. I know one of the places I went had seng in it a few years back as it was an older gentleman that sent me there since he is no longer able to hunt.

I went the previous monday and everything I found then was completely yellow and beginning to slump over so I truly believe our season has came to an end here for this year.

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37646

Welcome to the forum, ncladydigger!

In walking thru my patches, all my tops are down. I'm in NC.

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37654

All that I have found on my land are yellow now, but I did find one green three with a half to three quarter oz root, but I just transplanted it to another location on my land.

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37656

Found my first wild plant(s) yesterday, all were yellow and a few of the tops were just laying on the ground.
Attachments:

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37659

John B wrote:

Found my first wild plant(s) yesterday, all were yellow and a few of the tops were just laying on the ground.

Congratulations. Thats a nice big three prong.

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37663

Thanks! I didn't end up getting near the planting done I had hoped after finding the wild plants, I had my eyes peeled up ahead the entire time looking for more. :laugh:

I am really excited to go back and watch them grow next year and hopefully find some more that had already gone down for the year.

Re:Recent rain 8 years 5 months ago #37687

This was taken this past Wednesday (October 14, 2015). It rained for over a week here, but no flooding like the East Coast. Found some last weekend some still green, even some with red berries still on it, and some yellow and folded over. All on the same hill. Look at the variety in this patch. Kind of hard to find when you don't know what color it's going to be. Some of it laying on the ground, too. But we found a little every where we went in.
Picture won't post, but it's my profile pic. There's two yellow fours, one gree four, and one green and yellow three.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 477 guests and no members online

Login