2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ginseng and bear hunters

ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37543

Got up this morning looked at the radar and what do you know it was clear as a bell. I got up to the property early and the fog was settled in thick. I started hunting a ridge side and worked my way across and was finding a yellow one here and a green one there, and then I hear something coming. A gator with two hunters followed by a truck load of hunters with dogs in the back. I later talked with them and they were very friendly and had permission so I wished em luck. It never rained a drop and was able to pull right at about 17 oz's today. The humidity was brutal, but other than that it was a great day. I was really surprised at the number of fully green plants I was finding, but a bunch are turning and fast. I don't quit until the last prong has fallen, lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37544

found this bear print at my first stop..:ohmy:
Attachments:

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37545

nice patch still mostly green
Attachments:

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37546

the top on this gold 4 was huge, the root was good size, but not huge
Attachments:

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37547

nice 4 still green as can be
Attachments:

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37548

set of decent roots from the batch
Attachments:

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37549

good looking roots wild ! hope you get another week or two .. its done here ... the woods are beautiful though , but the ginseng has had it for the year . good luck to ya!

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37561

Gensing and bears. Now thats what I call an exciting day. Good looking roots and well dug.

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37563

Nice roots there! Very cool photo of the bear tracks. I like to take photos of the sign in the woods as well, however there's very few bears here in my part of NC.

Re:ginseng and bear hunters 8 years 6 months ago #37565

thanks fellas, there have been a lot of bears around this season. There has been lots of local sightings and videos taken in and around town. A friend of mine had 4 killed up on his property in just a few days. I'm an occasional deer hunter, but I don't really like the idea of bear hunting because it could leave cubs without their mother, but the population does appear to be healthy. I'm glad I got to go the other day, because it rained buckets yesterday and probably will continue through this weekend. Monday might be my last trip as I'm going out of town tuesday..:( It's been a fun and rewarding season though. Hope you guys had a great season as well!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 481 guests and no members online

Login