2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Digging in the Cherokee National Forest

Re:Digging in the Cherokee National Forest 8 years 6 months ago #37634

Thanks guys,
I've really been at it. The season is over for me, but I've planted 4 new patches and stained my deck in the back since the season ended. I got out today and drove into North Carolina to find some freshly made Sorghum Molasses. As soon as I left there I drove back into Tennessee and planted 2 more patches. I'm really enthused about finding so much ginseng in the 4-6 year old range. Other people are getting out there and spending their time and money to make the mountains produce like they did many years ago. I probably won't get to dig for about 3 years since the last sections of the Cherokee National Forest are so far away. This will give us new planters some more time to get seeds in the ground. Two more pounds to go this year.

Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Digging in the Cherokee National Forest 8 years 6 months ago #37635

congrats hugh,sounds like a great season to me...

Re:Digging in the Cherokee National Forest 8 years 4 months ago #37919

Hugh, that is some great work you are doing. Recently I was coming back from FL and taking all back roads and ended up in the Cherokee National Forest. Them are some real mountains. A hike there would let you know you did a day's work and nothing like the \"mountains\" we have. Ours are just foothills. Nice looking seng you got there, out of some beautiful country.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 174 guests and no members online

Login