2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 1lb Root

1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37502

Wild or not?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37503

welp lets try again.
Attachments:

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37504

Attachments:

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37505

when was this found? I did some research and came across a story of a maryland man who found one in 2007. I guess it is possible, but would be very very unlikely to ever find a root this big. I would say it is wild. I just hope he finds the right person to sell it to. The asians would pay thousands for a root like that. I wonder what the top looked like..:ohmy:

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37506

Well I didn't read much about it, it was in Maryland so I guess it's old news. That top I would have loved to have seen it! If it's old news sorry about that. But still Wow.

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37507

www.times-news.com/news/mammoth-ginseng-...66-4b1c10177562.html

Here is a link to the story. They make it sound like it was this year but hard to say for sure.

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37508

Yep the date is this year and the price per lb is about right. But hey it's the Media...

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37509

I just noticed there's an old story about it on here. Just go to main menu and click on ginseng news, and then latest news. There was a story posted Sept, 12 of 2007 about the maryland man.

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37510

That is hard to believe but impressive for sure.

To me it looks like it has some wild and some cultivated characteristics to it.

I started my seed bed in 2010 and put some nice wild roots in there.... 4 years later I transplanted some of those from the top of the bed (where they were not doing well) to a location lower on the hill. They had basically doubled in size in just a few years.. since they were planted in cultivated nice soft dirt.

That root looks somewhat like that to me. Just the way the fine roots all come off at the lower end, and are sort of swirley there...

I would sure have liked to seen that top. I can only imagine... !

TNhunter

Re:1lb Root 8 years 5 months ago #37511

Wow, What ever it is it sure is cool. I read the article. They said the top gave no clue to what was below. I would have thought the top would have been a monster too.
Wish I had a few of those seeds from that genetic freak. lol
Latt

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 121 guests and no members online

Login